Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Need Help Gearbox ECU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
giannitech

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 17:55    Post subject: Need Help Gearbox ECU Reply with quote

Hello all I am from Cebu, Philippines and a Proud Owner of a 92 3.1D Isuzu Bighorn Handling by Lotus with a Turbo 4JG2 engine
This is my original Gearbox ECU Module or they call it here computer box,

About 8 years or 10 years ago the zener diode got burned due to some electrical wiring issue according to the electrician i could not go over 60kph, anyways he said he could repair it he took it out and replaced the zener diode, cleaned the whole PCB and reattached it back to my Bighorn, I  was able to drive it again and i could go over 60Kph so i was thinking all is good, Fast track I went to bangkok around 2014 was able to find lots of parts for Isuzu Bighorns there RHD from Japan so i thought of restoring mine, so as i was buying parts there in the car bone yard, i found ECU's so i asked if they had an ECU for the bighorn with a 4JG2 engine, and i found one there examined it and ended up buying it for around 1500 Thai Baht! since i couldn't find one here in Cebu, Philippines where i live.
This is the photo of the one i bought in Bangkok

my question is this compatible with my bighorn? i have tried using this one shifting feels rough and takes a long time sometimes i need to release the accelerator at high revs around 2.1-2.5 rpm for it to shift. What is the proper way to installing it? should i detached  the battery terminals before connecting or replacing the Gearbox ECU? Are there possible major issues i could have using this ECU, the only issue have with my original Gearbox ECU, is the Blinking O/D Off Light! when it appears after some time of driving with O/D switch on via the little button on the shift lever, I would really appreciate any feedback of help or suggestions from you guys here

Thank you so much!
giannitech
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 17:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

artroxasbighorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello sir. I sent a PM to you. Kindly check your inbox. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: