QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Heater/Blower Dead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JON-S

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 17:34    Post subject: Heater/Blower Dead Reply with quote

Hello folks. I’m hoping someone might be able to give me some direction regarding a completely dead heater/blower in our 2004 Trooper 3.0.  Whilst driving the other day the heater completely gave up the ghost - not just a lack of airflow but apparently no power at all - all buttons/dials etc unresponsive. Having searched the forum for advice I’ve checked the fuse which is good, swapped over the heater relay for one of the adjacent ones and then, in desperation, swapped out the blue relay. Still dead.
Is there any other course of action I can take or should I be scouring eebuygum for a replacement unit? If so, would it be a nightmare to fit.  
My wife uses the Trooper to tow a horse trailer and on these cold damp days she’s currently keeping the windscreen mist free using a 12v hairdryer purchased on Amazon!

Thanks in advance for any help.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 17:34    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 19:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

it runs through the alt so if thats dead then the blowers won't work check the charge rate  of the alt first
Versatile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is spooky.
I'm having the same issue with the fan. I have a non Isuzu alternator on the car that charges well but the volts are quite high. Over 15Vdc.
Do I need to get an Isuzu issue unit ?

Sorry for highjacking the thread but it sounds like the same problem.
Versatile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 19:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

So over the last few days I've taken the dash to pieces. Lots of screws, nuts, bolts and spring clips hoping I can remember how it all goes back together.
The fan worked when I took it out of its housing and plugged it into a separate battery. So then I spent longer getting it all back together. I've still got some brackets and screws left over but it doesn't rattle so they're staying as reserves for next time.
The fan worked when I started the engine.
I don't know what I did and I'm hoping it was just a dodgy connection in one of the plugs and/or relays that I took out and replaced.
I had an issue with the rear washer and wiper operating when I turned the side lights on but I'm hoping it's an earth somewhere and I will look at it later when I have time. The washer and wiper are currently disconnected.
The electrics in these cars reminds me a lot of our old Renault Tractor. Great when they work but a nightmare when there's an issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: