QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

4jx1 not starting when hot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
claudiu.vasile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 14:04    Post subject: 4jx1 not starting when hot Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm a "happy" owner of a 2002 Isuzu Trooper 3.0 4jx1, and I've had issues with it since I've bought it one yer ago.

In short, the issue that I'm facing now, is that the car won't start after running for a while (let's say, after the engine is hot). I can start it only with a bit of "help" by using starting fluid.

When its cold, it starts fine, it runs good, idles good, no smoke on starting or later...

What I did check/replace so far:

--> new ORCPV
--> new ORPS
--> all injectors (since I had to change one of them, 3 times, I've decided to change all of them), along with sleeve/injectora o-rings
--> I've changed both oil filters and oil (I've put Liqui Moly 5w30 TopTec 4200)

With the Tech2 I've programmed the injectors for B2 code (injectors grade are 45), also I've programmed the ORPS

While cranking the engine (when its hot and not starting), the I've noticed on Tech2 that the Desired Oil Rail Pressure is 4MPa but the Rail Oil Pressure doesn't go more than 2,5MPa

Also, when the engine is hot and running, when I accelerate, the temperature gauge moves from mid position to zero (actually it moves back and forth from mid-->zero-->mid and so on). I'm not sure if this can cause no start while the engine is hot.
The coolant temperature shown on Tech is 80C, so I suppose that the engine is not overheated (even if the temperature gauge is not steady).

I'm running out of ideas so any help is more than welcome.

Thanks,
Claudiu
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 14:04    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

eithan h

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could have an internal leak somewhere, most common is somewhere around the oil gallery so either end caps or injector to gallery seal. you could also have either a dodgy hpop or a dodgy injector or a bad oil rail control valve
holdens-recovery

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

my trooper refused to start hot. when left to cool down it started fine ... ended up being the cam position sensor on the front of the engine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: