QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Underbody Rust Treatment in Scotland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C.B.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 0:45    Post subject: Underbody Rust Treatment in Scotland Reply with quote

Hi All,

Due to the amount of salt used here over the past few winters (and my laziness to wash off properly), the underside my old (2000) Isuzu is showing signs of the red dragon taking over unless it's halted soon. The main bodywork is still almost perfect thanks partially to the Collinite 845 used on the panels over the years, but the underside edges are looking a bit sad. Crying or Very sad

I'm looking for a body shop that has some experience in chassis cleaning and using Dinitrol, somewhere in or near to Central Scotland, after many Google searches and 'phone calls over the past week I'm no further forward. Embarassed

Any suggestions/leads would be greatly appreciated. Smile

occasion5
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 0:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

flatlander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 20:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spray mine with waste oil including inside the chasis members oil mud and salt then fall off before it does any harm its a bit of a dirty job but it works I grease the brake pipes as well
drinksoptional

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 23:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.lcsengineering.co.uk/

nice guy based in helensborough might be able to help you

his facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/495290270563336/
C.B.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the interest and posts so far...

Just to be clear & if it helps anyone else I used the links on the Dinitrol site for the Treatment Centres in Scotland, the two listed  "Tunetec Bespoke Classics" in Aberdeenshire and "London Taxis Direct" in Glasgow were not of any help.

From a 'phone call, Tunetec don't really do that type of work and refused to even consider at it.  London Taxis Direct have been e-mailed + spoken to on the 'phone and have failed to show any interest or provide a cost for an underbody treatment.  Unfortunately I just don't have the equipment or the ramp/pit plus the time required to do this job myself. Embarassed

Part of the sequential corrosion problem goes back to the design and the choice of metals/coatings used in certain areas:
Mounting clip on Citation wheel cover (replaced with Stainless) See  http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=178116&highlight=#178116
Rear bumper brackets (new ones fitted - cost a whapping £103.58 + vat) See http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?p=178092&highlight=#178092
Alloy Heatshield above exhaust cat & centre box - welded to pipe via riveted mild steel brackets !!! (Refitted with Stainless self tappers through nearby alloy mount direct to heatshield)

There's more, but most of it is sacrificial corrosion and/or poor choice of material or coating.

I will contact lcsengineering and see if they can assist in my quest to keep the old beast's chassis ship shape.
Oh! for the brake pipe bit I use Vaseline, like I did on the new bumper brackets, works a treat.
Very Happy
drinksoptional

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 0:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met him through smc  i will ask on my fb see if any of the other scottish offroader guys know any one
TrooperSimon
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am just looking into underbody protection

even the best troopers are looking abut tired now

plus when selling they look pounds better when everything is clean and fresh underneath

found this guy

http://www.eebuygum.co.uk/itm/mazda-bongo-rust-treatment-undersealing-waxoyl-/171161681236?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27da07fd54

seen one of the bongos before and after makes a hell of a difference

basically if I send him afew to do he will do it for £170 which is a good price

anyone else want to use him just say trooper simon sent me and confirm the price

cheers

simon
melina675

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are many on the internet that provide cleaning services but I prefer Pro Solution they are the best in their work they provide quality services.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Bodywork, trim, fixtures & fittings ... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: