All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.1 engine vibe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
and11

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:06    Post subject: 3.1 engine vibe Reply with quote

Sorry  i know opening an old topic but like a lots of forums you get a problem posted it is sometimes looked at sometimes not but what seems to be the norm is people get answers but never say that any one answer cured the problem if you know what i mean and most topics are years old.
Anyway my 1994 3.1 trooper engine vibrates,
Its more of a noise vibration through the car do  any of you remember putting 2 blades of grass between your fingers and blowing it a noise very like that when revved stationary or when driving my 11 year old grand daughter said it was very annoying her 1st time in the car and more than likely the last her choice by attitude  Smile
There is no vibration or noises when rolling in neutral so not axle/tyres /prop / transmission or anything related 'but if i rev the engine while in neutral and rolling the vibration is there.
The engine starts no problem hot or cold no misfire no smoke and pulls well so has anyone on here got any ideas i haven't checked mountings or front crank pulley as yet but any pointers welcome cheers.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:06    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

and11

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 22:32    Post subject: engine vibe Reply with quote

Not bothering any more
Versatile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 18:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not surprised. It gets very quiet in here nowadays.
As to your issue and if it was mine I'd try to narrow it down by emlimination. You've tried the gear train etc. How about taking the belt off the alternator for a short time and then try the power steering pump. If it's still there then there's bigger problems in the engine itself.
Any vibration is bad and it will only get worse until it's too late ( expensive ) to fix.
and11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 19:41    Post subject: engine vibe Reply with quote

Ye most people go on google or face book. I have taken the belts of alt and p/s pump still the same my engine runs that smooth i could put a full glass of water on it and it would not spill.
It sounds more like if you rev a engine to max you get that raw like sound its really weird the performance is spot on .If is was on a mitsabishi pajero 2.5 i would say the balance shaft belt was missing but i believe that these 3.1 engines do not have a balance shaft  i will keep looking
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: