Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

A right melon scratcher about brakes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrspud

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:32    Post subject: A right melon scratcher about brakes Reply with quote

Howdy again folks. Well todays the exact day 10 years past when I bought my money pit....and it came up with a doozie by way of thanks.
Lifted bonnet to check fluids - not been doing many miles in last years - and the brake fluid had dropped from High to Low level in resevoir and had pulled the expanding rubber bellow down with it - so there was must have been a vacuum pull. Considering it was checked a week past and only done 1 trip of 27 miles since then, it was alarming.
Whats been done so far? Well it's a brand new master cylinder (2 years), new front pipes (1 year) and new rear pipes (about 4 months) from wheels to half way along chassis and fitted by mates garage (they have lifts!). Both rear discs n pads n calipers changed 5000 miles past they (are gubbed!)
I know they had trouble bleeding despite me telling them to bleed the load sensor valve first which they ignored for 2 hours before calling me - clowns! So all bled and back on the road - but tbh brakes were never brill on this - always a low pedal.
So sudden/massive drop in fluid and under I went - nice dry day and what did I find? NOTHING! Not a bl**dy drop or sign of fluid anywhere - even popped the master cyl to check servo - nothing, inside cab at brake pedal pivot - dry as a nuns..... Took for 30 mile run in traffic (I know....), dry, and got to destination and home no problem and not a drop in the resevoir not a drop of fluid leaking anywhere!
Being a nice basic closed system should be a simple diagnosis. Totally stumped and after much melon scratching could only come to a vauge assertion the perhaps one of the rear calipers had been seized and not properly bled and when moved out into position had pulled the fluid from the resevoir.........yes I know its "out there" but in the absense of anything else to go with (cue Sherlock Holmes once the possible has been ruled out only the impossible remain - or something like that).
Over to you guys - what do you think?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 11:32    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

drew m

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
If brakes are working ok I'd keep topping  up reservoir and keep checking underneath, it's got to show up as a leak somewhere, can't just disappear.
Drew
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: