All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

3.1 L bighorn 92 fuel filter change

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hamish.samengo.ballantyne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 23:35    Post subject: 3.1 L bighorn 92 fuel filter change Reply with quote

Changed the fuel filter yesterday, primed the filter with diesel, started it up, ran for 5 minutes with no troubles, shut it down. Today tightened up alternator belt to remedy some battery charging issues i've been having, then when I went to start the car it sputtered and wouldn't start. bled air from the filter and primed the fuel pump by turning it to accessory and off several times, then i was able to get it started and it ran very rough for about 20 seconds before stalling and cutting out. kept trying a few more times with the same results, not going to overdo it because the battery's already dying. any advice?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 23:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Versatile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried blowing back and proving the suction line is good ? Even if there's a tiny hole then it will suck air and not fuel. But you can so be ready for a taste of diesel. There isn't a lift pump so it's all done by the HP pump which is a lot especially on a LWB.

I'd try cracking one or more of the injector lines to prove fuel into them.
If there's still nothing I'd try a dummy fuel supply into the filter.

There's a filter in the tank that is not easy to get to (Impossible) which might have picked up. The only way to check is cutting it out of the tank.
Versatile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 21:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Versatile"]There isn't a lift pump so it's all done by the HP pump which is a lot especially on a LWB.

I'd try cracking one or more of the injector lines to prove fuel into them.
If there's still nothing I'd try a dummy fuel supply into the filter.
45gmc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you mix up the lines ? it might start but soon would run pretty rough. I might have first hand experience on this
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: