All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Power drop in top gear. Bighorn 3.1 Auto 95

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark-70

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:23    Post subject: Power drop in top gear. Bighorn 3.1 Auto 95 Reply with quote

On inclines it accelerates up through all gears as it should but then it feels like it makes a very small up shift as in the revs drop slightly & it won’t pull anymore & seems flat in power. It feels like the torque converter lock up has engaged as the engine won’t rev any higher once this has happened. The O/D also works as it should including switching in and out on the switch except when the problem occurs then the switch makes no difference. If I release the throttle and reapply  it, and it has to be completely foot off not just eased off then it goes back to pulling well & will continue the incline ok. Occasionally it will happen again straight away but mostly it’s fine. The check trans light works as it should when ignition turned on and goes out after a few seconds.. I can’t find an OBD or the gearbox code check connector. I wondered about the TPS after reading a lot on here but the pump is electronic & doesn’t have one on it, as is the throttle pedal.. maybe it’s the electronic pedal...?
Apologies for the long post but have tried to include as much info as I can. Any ideas?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

placebouk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got anywhere with this? Firstly id be looking to do a total atf drop, clean filter and ensure the level is correct after new oil is in.

I do believe that the autos do have a tps on them even being electric pumps.
Mark-70

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned out to be over boosting due to a stuck waste gate.
Robert Filbry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 14:56    Post subject: 1995 Honda Horizon 3.1 td intercooled lotus edition 4JG2 Reply with quote

Hi Mark ,seems like you might have the same transmission as my unit ,it is an Aisin three speed with overdrive and has given no problems until it now only moves foreward in second grear with low revs and slow take off ,wont climb hills without engaging low range, moves in reverse with no problems , do you know any shop or person with information on these transmissions  as I have changed the oil /filter with slight improvement but cant find the problem , do you know if these units have a transmission computer and where it is located ,any help appreciated , Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: