QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Oil in Coolant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Browndoff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 19:45    Post subject: Oil in Coolant Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I overheated my 3.0 Trooper [2002] on a motorway and it actually stalled when I turned off the main road. Fortunately, it DID restart when it had cooled a little - so I got it home!
When I looked closely, I found that the short hose from the Thermostat-housing towards the Turbo was burst - so I replaced it and the other two short hoses linking this set of steel pipes. Then I filled the coolant system with water and a little detergent and some de-scaler-fluid - as a flush. After a short drive, I emptied it and repeated the treatment. After the second draining of this 'flush-mix', I put in plain water and drained it again after a short drive. I had hoped that this would be fairly clean but, though there was less of the emulsion/scum on top, the mix was still looking like a beige milkshake [third-time refilled and emptied after heating-up].

I'm worried about where the oil might be getting into the coolant-system [the SUMP-OIL is still clean]. Please advise.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2022 19:45    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Malcolm
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 17:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Head gasket would be my first thought.
Browndoff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.
Yeah, I was scared that it might be the HEAD GASKET, of course! But, there's no blow-by into the sump, nor any water getting into the sump-oil.
There seems to be no loss of performance [engine-power] either! It starts perfectly easily and runs smoothly and [only on the Motorway, of course!] will still get up to full speed and maintain that without overheating [now that I've replaced the blown little coolant-hose at the thermostat-housing].

Without any doubt, it was seriously overheated on the day it broke down! But I'm hoping that no serious harm was done then [because I stopped as soon as I noticed] and it cooled down and everything shrank back down to normal clearances without any permanent damage - beyond the hose which had caused the original problem.
ivcho.vd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it's oil and not fuel?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: