2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Power steering diagram

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dandee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 16:16    Post subject: Power steering diagram Reply with quote

Hello all!

Hope someone can help me with the following: I have a Vauxhall Monterey 3.2l V6 automatic from 1997. Recently while driving the steering felt hard to move and I thought maybe the driver belt broke as I noticed it was cracked. But when stopped and looked under the bonnet noticed a lot of oil on the shield and no more oil in the servo reservoir. After getting the truck home and removing the fan I noticed a hydraulic hose was cracked and probably that's where the leak happened. I removed the hose which was 1 meter long and was connected to another hose that is coming from the servo pump. This 1m hose was fitted along the bottom of the radiator and returned to the steering pump. I have my doubts that this is an original part as I don't believe an engineer would have designed a rubber hydraulic hose to be bend on a very tight radius and last for long.
So I'm looking for a diagram for the steering pipes for the Vauxhall Monterey 3.2 V6 automatic in order to get the correct part. Worst case scenario I can replace the rubber hose with a copper pipe, I just need to know if it is supposed to run the way the rubber hose dis which I can only imagine would be for cooling purposes.
Anyone can help with this?
Thanks
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2022 16:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Dandee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 19:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

After countless hours of Internet searching I managed to find what I was looking for.  Attached is the diagram and marked with red is the pipe that had been replaced with a hydraulic hose on my car. The original pipe had been cut and a compression coupling had been used to connect the hose. I have purchased 10mm soft copper pipe and replace the cracked hydraulic hose. Will use the connectors that I have salvaged from the hose, swag the copper pipe and silver solder them on. I hope the pipe and compression fittings will withstand the pressure. I will shape the copper pipe as in the diagram, I assume the hole purpose of the loop is for cooling.

PS: it looks like I can't attach photos here,  I have to upload them on a host and put think here.  Too much work and looks like site is dead.  If anyone stumbles over this and needs info, please PM me and I can send you a link.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: