Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

D-Max 2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shroppyfly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:43    Post subject: D-Max 2005 Reply with quote

Hi, Im new to the board , hope its ok to ask about my 86yr dads  3ltr dmax twin cab diesel 2005, hes after, and yes i did say 86yr, a brake piston,seal repair kit inc the pistons , his is the twin piston model , Izuzu  want £178 for one side , online i just cant find any for it, can anyone help, tbh he shouldnt be driving but what can you do thanks in advance
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Malcolm
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried these people.  http://www.brakesint.co.uk/
I used them for my Trooper and they had everything I needed to rebuild my calipers.
Shroppyfly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 0:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

]

Hi , funny you should mention them , yes I've tried em (today), they don't carry/ cant carry and  don't know why they cant /dont, i dont think its an import  my dads pick up, but impossible to find the part on fleabay too, he ordered the bits from RVT Shrewsbury who are isuzu agents,

they are genuine isuzu bits but £178, i said Jesussss, must be able to get the bits  elsewhere, but its proving an impossible task
Malcolm
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 0:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen people use a company called Big Red or something simmilar. Have you tried them?
Shroppyfly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 0:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malcolm wrote:
I have seen people use a company called Big Red or something similar. Have you tried them?

Thanks just looked on their site , it says they've got it, but so dis brakes international untill i rang and queried whether it'll fit, ill ring em tomorrow,  hes still got the gen bits so  if big red says theirs will fit , ill order then compare upon arrival and IF there the same send the gen bits back
Malcolm
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried a local factor. I would have thought you could get a compete calliper for the price you are talking about.
I recently changed a front twin pot calliper on a shogun for around £150 from my local factors.
Malcolm
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried a local factor. I would have thought you could get a compete calliper for the price you are talking about.
I recently changed a front twin pot calliper on a shogun for around £150 from my local factors.
Shroppyfly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:42    Post subject: Bigg Red Reply with quote

So a more  clearer update, My dad ordered and paid £178 for the bits (genuine Isuzu parts) from from RVT shrewsbury, I said whohh way too dear , So the hunt began for  less expensive caliper repair kit for his 2005 d max, Fleabay NO, Brakes International NO,  Bigg Red said YES So i've ordered their kit, Apparently  everywhere else doesn't /cant stock them because they don't have the  details, they weren't released from Isuzu at time of manufacture, so no one knows which  non oem bits will fit a d max, according to the guy from Bigg Red, he said  thats why no one can stock the parts,  all this makes sense really, otherwise fleabay would have the bits listed,  So Bigg Red say its either this kit or this kit, so I've ordered both, its just down to  piston Diameter one kit has 45mm the other 44mm, and will send whichever kit we don't need back and the cost , a whopping £37.50 inc delivery .The kits are for a Isuzu Rodeo, which the guy says , is a Dmax , just for another market

Bigg Red say , Brake International are fine but  all they work off is a list on a Computer, and If it isn't on the list, your Stuffed, Bigg Red sell  brakes but ALSO rebuild brakes so they know  all the reasons/tricks etc .I will update again when the bits arrive/fitted
Shroppyfly

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 20:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got the bits, but he was unable to find a garage to fit them , it seems they all suggested refurb/new calipers with all the assoc new bits, prob inc pads and discs,  he even admitted he doesnt need the hassle , thats the problem old age/worry but enough cash in the bank to nolonger care about the bill thanks all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Suspension / chassis / steering / brakes / wheels / tyres All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: