2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Isuzu 3.1 turbo issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suzie 3.1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:26    Post subject: Isuzu 3.1 turbo issue Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm new here.
I have a Isuzu that has had an engine change, a 3.1 that has 60,000 on the clock, it's been sat a long while. It starts and is newly MOTd.
Issue -
Turbo sounds like a police siren when applying the accelerator, gets higher and higher pitched, like metal on metal. Also I think the turbo is not giving the power I would expect.
Do I need a new turbo?
Is there anything I can do to help this?
If a new one is needed then is there a good source for reconditioned parts?
Also is this a 4jg2 engine? (How do I attach a pic)
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Versatile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly sounds like you have turbo issues. If it's running metal on metal I'm surprised it's still working. Do you know if the air filter is good or been changed lately? Are there any holes in the pipework? If it's been sat then maybe mice have been chewing the bits under the bonnet.
You can get a bigger replacement turbo from a company called Mambo. I've just got one for one of my Troopers and it all comes in a kit with instructions.
Suzie 3.1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 21:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have just done a full.service, all filters and oil. Changed the alternator and... The noise has stopped!! So can only assume it was the alternator or that the oil change helped... Also there was a dodgy vaccum hose on the alternator. Anyways the noise is gone so can only assume the turbo is fine.
Versatile

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2022 21:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll bet it was the alternator then. Mine has a fit occasionally and squeals like a banshee on start up until I reduce the revs. Then it kicks in properly and all is well.
Glad it wasn't a too expensive fix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: