4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Light bar has affected the headlight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Versatile

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 19:15    Post subject: Light bar has affected the headlight Reply with quote

Hi All,
So I used the sticky to wire in a light bar on the roof with a relay on my 54 plate 3.0 Trooper. When I switched it on the light bar worked but the headlight, that I took the main beam feed from, now only lights up by about 30%. So I disconnected the light bar and the headlight is still quite dim (No laughing at the back!). The first thing I did was check the lamp and it works properly when plugged into the other side.
Now I've been looking back through the pages on here and discovered that the headlights are switched by the earth to them and not the +ve.
So have I wired the roof light incorrectly, do I have an earth or is the headlight relay faulty? The other headlight works as it should and the light bar comes on when I switch to high beam and I'm not that fussed about the headlight but it won't pass the MOT with its current* set up.

If it is the headlight relay where is it situated on/in the car please?

*See what I did there?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 19:15    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Versatile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it turns out that taking care of your electrics really helps with fault finding. While messing about with relays and switches I managed to take out the main 80A fuse!! I was more surprised than shocked I can tell you. So I replaced it with the main one from my donor car and hey presto - everything worked properly. I think there must have been an issue with the old main one as it didn't look in the best shape but it was still working.
So now I can turn night time to day time but it does show up how *beep* the headlights are on dipped beam...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: