4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Cooling system pressure test

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigfoot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 20:27    Post subject: Cooling system pressure test Reply with quote

Help,

Having read a number of the posts I am concerned as to what the nature of my coolant loss may be.

I see drops of coolant from what appears to be the front of the engine dropping to the back of the cross member, could it be the water pump, I filled it back up and it appears to be loosing again I also have brown sludge in the header, but the coolant appears to be green antifreeze, do I call in the experts?

I have a pressure test rig but am unsure of the system check pressure and I dont want to over pressurise, I previously used it 15 years ago on my rx7, home made but works perfect using inner tube jap rad cap and a car tyre pump.

All advice much appreciated heavy service costs not!!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 20:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 21:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing, what engine is it, my 2.8 holds a little pressure in the water jacket for days.
Is the oil clean ?
Is there brown sludge on the oil filler cap ?
Oh and i dont know about the test pressure, its normally on the cap.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 0:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you have coolant running down the front of the engine 2.8 or 3.1td and its not from the tophose or thermostat housing or headgasket it can only be from the water pump especially if the water mark is below the pump only

the expansion tank can often have a bit of sludge in it if the water in the rad is green coolant thats ok
just clean out the expansion tank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: