All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

how long should i wait???????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:41    Post subject: how long should i wait??????? Reply with quote

hi
still waiting for the recall, by what i have seen on here, my car will need everything doing! isuzu europe keep telling me they are waiting on parts from japan Twisted Evil this has been about a month now, should i keep pestering them, or leave them alone, im so worried my car going to go wrong before it gets the work done Surprised
i would have thought they would be aware of when a delivery is due Question
and as we have already paid out 9,000 3 years ago , i do not want any more trouble
thanks
jackie
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:41    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 13:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you got it booked in with a local dealer??
jackie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 15:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, am i supposed to do that then? i have spoke to gary millar from isuzu europe on numerous occasions and he hasnt told me any of this, just that they are waiting on parts from japan and i am top of the list. Embarassed
i think he is playing games with me Razz
markymoan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 16:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk to a local dealer, i'm sure they get paid for the work so will push it Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 20:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you tell them that you will be taking the vehicle to another dealer they will hurry the parts up for you. I had to wait for my injectors ....3 days !! If they tell you that they are out of the parts you need, then I would ring Isuzu Europe and enquire as to how long the parts are taking at this moment in time to come from Japan. You must also appreciate that the parts are being ordered like they are going out of fashion so there may be a short delay... I think a month is way too long, after all, if the vehicle is booked in because your car has been identified as having problematic parts, then if it all goes bang ..... I hope it doesn't, then they will have to cough up. I think that if you tell them all this then they may well speed up the process.... What do you think ??
There are some other topics in this category that give you all the telephone numbers if you need them and the blokes that are important to know. Hope it all goes well.
jackie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
now im confused Idea . i have been talking to isuzu europe for a month now, as i said earlier , gary millar hasnt told me to book the car in anywhere, i thought i had to wait for parts to arrive .then he would arrange a dealer to sort the work, is this right??????
thanks
jackie
Fleurdelyes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 14:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Sorry if I have confused you.... I took my vehicle to the dealer first. I told them what I thought needed to be done and showed them the dipstick with the over fill mark exceeded and the distinct smell of diesel in the oil...they then rang Isuzu Europe. I spoke to the same bloke as you did..... He was very helpful and basically told me to take the vehicle back to the dealer and then ask them to contact him.
The final decision was made by a bloke by the name of Pike ( he is the warranty manager at Isuzu world ). It took just an hour or so to get the decision. I then sat back and let the garage do what they had to do. My car went in and then the work was done. The injectors took three days to arrive. A day to fit and Bob's your Aunties husband .. My advice would be to book it in to the local garage and then you are covered if it goes pop. Have you checked or rather got a garage to check the oil level ??? If it's over and smells strongly of diesel then they should have advised you not to drive the car.... Hope this helps. If you want to talk online use my msn messenger address and I will try and explain it to you more. cheers.........AFTER THE GAME THOUGH EH !!!!!!
jackie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 14:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

o yea i see now what you are saying Embarassed my other half is checking the oil, i just drive it Laughing hes thinking of getting a range rover, even though all the probs with the 3.0 i still love to drive it ,and i want to keep it.
i will try and sort things out mon.
thnks
jackie Wink
jackie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

some news!!!!!!!!!!!!!
car being done this friday, i dont have to do anything, the car is being collected am, and will be brought back fri pm Laughing
i asked about ceramic heater being done, and was told quote" he thinks imports dont need this doing" does anyone know if this is right?
many thanks
jackie Razz
davehodge999

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 22:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

chances are if its an import it wont have ceramic heater as its not needed in warmer climates .dont hold me to this but i think the ones with ceramic heaters have 2 batteries but im not 100%
Grandad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

most imports after 1995 have ceramic heaters japan may have hot weather but it also can have cold winters and lots of snow in the north
two batteries is designated for cold climates they give a slight advantage 140amp hours as compared with single at 115amp hours
both batterieswhen two are fitted work together
the basic model never had ceramic heater duty model and above fitted as standard
davehodge999

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

i said i may be wrong!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: