QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Front crank pulley seal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakkals

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:52    Post subject: Front crank pulley seal Reply with quote

Hi all.

I have a 2.8 dt pickup (4jb1t).Currently it is leaking water at the timing cover which bolts to the block,it also leaks oil at the botton at the crank pulley.
How difficult is it to remove the timing cover and the front pulley.The engine has the timing gears and not the timing chain.What do I need to look at and whatch out before I remove the cover as this is the first time that I will remove the cover myself.

Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

brains

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:21    Post subject: front crank oil seal Reply with quote

hello jakkals i take it that the engine has no cam belt so i would imagin that you will have to drain the oil first because if you undo the cover oil will come out . the pully will come off with a three legged puller , you can gain more room if you remove the fan and radiator .
as for the leak is the oil leak bad if so i would say its the oil seal as for the water it is posible its the water pump which you dont have to remove the cover . hope i have helped  Smile
jakkals

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi brian,helens huby

I have also thaught that it is the waterpump,but no...it's the timing cover which the waterpump connects to and then to the block.It is leaking a lot between the timing cover and the block.
So you say that I need to drain the oil aswell(almost unscrew the cover without draining the oil...thaught that the oil will stay in the sump)
I have followed the cover and saw that there are also some screws at the bottom of the engine.There are also screws that goes into the diesel pump.Will this affect the timing of the pump or not.There are also 2 other screws that holds the pump which does not screw into the timing cover.

Do I need to remove the sump as I look like I have to from my point of view.
brains

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:31    Post subject: front crank pully seal Reply with quote

look at this , its helped me Exclamation
izuzu 4jb1-t 2.8 workshop manual
brains

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:34    Post subject: front crank pully seal Reply with quote

sorry did not come out as planned look at need a manual on page to of this forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Engines All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: