All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Thin oil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris St. MH

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 17:02    Post subject: Thin oil Reply with quote

I have a 1996 3.1 (not 3.0) SWB on trial. On getting it home, I dipped the engine oil to find that it's VERY thin and jet black. The jet black bit I can understand, but (having previously had both petrol and diesel cars) I was expecting something much more viscous. This oil literally left a film on the dip - that's the only way I can describe it. I've heard a lot about the special fully synthetic oil used on Troopers, but is it really this thin?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 17:02    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Dave69

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

oil will break down in viscosity every 1000 miles, so the oil change at 12k that some manuals state i find astounding especially in a diesel. i change oils on my cars idealy at every 4k, and with diesels being hard on oil it makes sense. Not being insulting but when the engine is up to temperature the tickness of the oil goes thin like water and will leave a thin smear of oil on the dipstick as opposed to the thick residue when checking the level from cold.

If you ever get the oil temp past 130degC then it has no lubricating properties at all and needs to be changed. A trooper should get no where near this
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: