QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

dodgey diff??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodwizzard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 19:00    Post subject: dodgey diff?? Reply with quote

Hi all,got suspect problems with my diff on M reg 3.2 monterey,is it a straight forward job taking one out or is it a bit much for a mere mortal?I thought the clutch system in the limited slip diff may be the problem but a vauxhall dealer thought it was more likely to be the diff itself when I told him about finding metal shavings in the diff oil.Does any one know if the chiltons manual covers this model in any detail or any where I can get a manual for a 1995 model,all the cd's on eebuygum seem to cover later models.thanks for any help and advice.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 19:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only my opinion, but it doesnt look good.
I would just get an axle from a breakers and fit it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 22:21    Post subject: dodgey diff Reply with quote

yes dude change the compleat unit its much easier to do.
once you've striped every thing out to remove the diff you mite as well have took the whole thing out .
but its up to you what you deside to do, also what your budget is. Very Happy
woodwizzard

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replys,started looking on eebuygum and found several complete axles for not to much money,so it does seem to be the easier option(as long as I dont end up buying another knackered one of course)!!!My suspension is due for a change so I can get that sorted at same time.cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: