2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

4WD issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UKENG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:27    Post subject: 4WD issue Reply with quote

Hello all,
I first used this site at the begining of the year when I had the infamous 4JX1 injector problems. I managed to get a new engine out of Isuzu, had it fitted and all has been well so thankyou all for the advice (both direct and indirect) without which I would still have my motor in pieces in a barn in Aberdeenshire and desperatley seeking funds to re-build it (I took the car on believing that the cam belt had snapped on start up!)

Now I have a fresh problem which someone may be able to help me with.

The other day I noticed that the green light which signifies that the veichle is in 4WD was flashing. I pressed the switch to go into 4WD and the light came on as normal. A slow tight turn round a carpark indicated that the veichle was indeed in 4WD so I pressed the switch again and the light resumed flashing, repeating the same test the car turned with no difficulty as if in 2WD. Reading the hanbook tells me that if the light is flashing the shift on the fly system is operating and I seem to remember that when switching from 4 to 2 WD or vice versa the light would flash once or twice before staying either on or off depending on the position of the switch.

Can anyone shed any light onto why the light persists in flashing despite all indications that the veichle has come out of 4WD?

Im reluctant to take it to a dealer in first instance sicne I can't afford a hefty bill for something I can do just as easily myself.

thanks in advance

Pete
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:27    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mrwookie
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 0:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you in aberdeenshire??? I hear ruxtons garage in fraserburgh is pretty hot on 4x4 advise  .Have you tried the search function at the top of the page, there are 27 posts if you put in green light on ,then in forums put in gearbox?transmissions, hope tis helps   am near buckie myself see map
Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conventional wisdom has it that a flashing green 4x4 light and/or erratic enagement of 4X4 can be caused by broken wire(s) in solenoid which is  mounted on the front diff.

As Mr W says, a quick search of the forums will get you quite a few threads with this as the subject.

Hope this helps... Very Happy

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
mrwookie
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the back up H
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: