QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

starting issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tich

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:36    Post subject: starting issues Reply with quote

Hi i have a 1996 3.2 petrol auto trooper when it is ist started it does not turn the starter but after repeated attempts it starts.so went to halfords the chap put his tester on battery and said it was the battery so he sold me a new one £89.it was ok all day come late evening the same problem after several attempts it started.the problem seems that the starter clicks but does not turn the engine so it cant be the battery.yes i have moved the gear selecter in several positions to eleminate it.
If any members can throw some more ideas on it they would be greatly appreciated.
Tich
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a knackered starter solenoid to me. Try whacking the end of the starter with a hammer next time it does it, if it starts then voila, proble is the starter. One of my old cars I used to carry a hammer around for a few months for this problem as I was to lazy/skint to sort it out. Not much fun when you can only reach it from below and you park in a pub carpark with the nose right on the bank of the thames, got wet feet that day!

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
markymoan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with phil, its the starter.
Or a loose connection of course.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 21:29    Post subject: starting issues Reply with quote

Hi Philip and Markymoan
Many thanks to all you fellow members for your kind advice i will try and get under it over the weekend and see what transpires,and will ofcourse update the the site which will help all other members too as this is what the club is also about
Tich
tich

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 0:46    Post subject: starting issues update Reply with quote

Hi
Just an update had my garage remove the starter and they found that the points in the solonoid were worn out and as it was late on saturday could not find spares any where so they modified the points by soldering a small piece of copper plate on the worn points then filling it down to match as near to original.
Finally they cleaned and tested the solonoid before putting it back on,by the way it was quite a job getting the starter out as i was there through out.
The garage is in Hounslow miidx. i am very pleased with their work and price total £75 not bad as i was quoted £120 just to buy the starter on the internet plus labour to fit,
The starter works well now cant recomend the garage high enough.
Their contact no if any one is interested is 02085779320
Tich
Dave69

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 13:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't fault a garage using a bit of injinuity to fix a problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: