2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Switches...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:58    Post subject: Switches... Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Im after some switches for that will fit next to the heated seat switches in my motor - does anybody know if its possible to get hold of them? Are they available with or without the little diagrams on?
If not i will take a drill to the blanking plates and fit some basic rocker switches.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:58    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Webby

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are the heated seat switches?  If they are between the seats with the electric ariel switch then yes it is possible to get switches to fit in the holes already there.  But i have only found that size as a basic on/off rocker, available with or without a light.  
Not been all that impressed with the ones i have bought, got 3 in use and all have been replaced once.  They are all only switching relays too so am sure it is not too much current.  Planning to butcher the pannel to fit larger quality switches in their place, time allowing!
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 14:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

The switches are on the same row/panel as the electric aerial switch - im hoping to get some that fit directly and look pretty much the same as the other switches (ie standard looking). One to run the front spots and the other for rear reversing light(s)
Webby

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's the ones i was talking about.  The only thing needed to to file off the corner of the mounding to make the opening an complete rectangle.  The switches then fit in square!  
Had a look last night in the Durite book.  They do that size switch.  
The most difficult part is getting the wire somewhere neatly.  I took it under the sill and across under the seat.  There is a channel from the middle of the seat bracket to this switch area.  My relays sit under the carpet beside the drivers seat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: