Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Hand Brake Problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Breach

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 13:39    Post subject: Hand Brake Problems Reply with quote

Hi all,
Just a general question really.
Just bought myself a 1991 Trooper 2.8TD.
The women who owned it before me had recently put it into her local garage for what looks like some new rear pads, but the handbrake does now not hold the vehicle.
I've had a quick look underneath and theres about 3/4 adjustment on the handbrake, which can't be right for new pads.
Surely the cables could not have stretched that much, or could they.
Are there any generally know issues about handbrakes with these vehicles?
Breach
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 13:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

jerry_rolfe

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 19:41    Post subject: re: Handbrake problems Reply with quote

I am no expert, I have only had my first trooper for 3 weeks, but I have just had it serviced at a great 4x4 place in Newbury and the handbrake only comes up about 3 clicks and a quarter of the available travel. This sounds about right to me.

BTW, I don't have a handbook with my trooper (a 93 LWB 3.1td), can anybody tell me the correct tyre pressures for eveyday use?

Thanks
Breach

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 13:56    Post subject: Hand Brake Reply with quote

Hi Jerry,
Thanks for taking an interest.
I'm hoping to get a hand book next week with any luck so if you have'nt found out the tyre pressures by then I'll let you know.
According to the book I have the hand brake should be set at between 8 and 12 clicks. Mine does not work at all. If the sun's out this wekend I will have a look and see what's wrong.
Breach
Malcj

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 23:18    Post subject: Trooper Parking brake prob Reply with quote

It may be worth checking if the hub seals are leaking oil into the drums, it wont affect the footbrake but does drasticly affect the ooperation of the park brake.
If there is oil in there, the only way to cure it is to replace the hub seal and from experience, should only be tackled if you have acess to a very big press!.
Have fun
Breach

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 13:40    Post subject: Hand Brake Problem Solved Reply with quote

To anyone that's interested.
At last I found time to have a look at my handbrake and after hours of adjusting and re adjusting cables I found a cover on each rear caliper with an adjustment by allen key inside and the adjustments were way off.
After following the manual I now have a good hand brake that will hold the vehicle. At last. Very Happy
Andy W

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 19:30    Post subject: Handbrake - 91 Petrol swb Trooper Reply with quote

Hi All

I'm new to the site but have noticed several people with rear brake and handbrake associated problems. I too seem to be having a drama with my handbrake. I've noted all the info given and have followed the Chiltern handbook but to no avail. I've replaced all pads and have bled the system several times. I've replaced my left & right handbrake cables and have located the 'secret' allen screw adjuster. All are adjusted fully but I cannot get any bite on the handbrake ! Anyone with further advice ? Please !
Crying or Very sad
Andy W
next35

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 15:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note, you may already know. On the rear of my 95 3.1td SWB i have pads and shoes, the shoes are for the hand brake only and have manual adjusters.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: