4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Weird electrical problem fan/warning lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBadBill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 19:42    Post subject: Weird electrical problem fan/warning lights Reply with quote

Hi all,
was driving down the motorway and the timing belt, 4x4 battery and check break fluid level lights came on and also the fan and A/C stopped. ??? pulled over and checked the fuses for the fan and all good. now i am tottaly baffled. has anybody had the same problems and can point me in the right direction. everything else on the car seems to work. it is just the fan and warning lights. and just to complicate it the fan worked the next day for about an hour and then stopped the next time car started.

sounds relay ish ?

cheers in advance

BBB
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 19:42    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

BigBadBill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 20:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick search through the forums and this seems to be a common problem. i have found my blue charge relay and will change this and then update this post

BBB
BigBadBill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

problem has now been solved by a Dutch van driver who decieded not to stop at a junction.
50-50 chance of repair or total loss

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
markymoan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 18:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that, i hope it gets sorted soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 17:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

the assessor comes on monday to make a decision but according to the garage owner it dosent look good. but al least the other guy has admitted blame.
CRK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 20:25    Post subject: air con off and 3 dash lights on Reply with quote

Following on from this thread which seems to have come to an abrupt and sad end.  My 3.0td 2001 Citation has just developed a very similar problem. First it was very occassional but now is getting more serious.  When engine is started the air-con controls all stay off, whilst the handbrake, battery, and 4WD warning lights all stay on.  Car still starts and runs fine. Often cures itself within 30 seconds, but this week lasted for most of the journey! Confused

From looking at previous posts, is this likely to be A)  The 'Blue Charge' relay, B) The alternator (which is only just 5 years old), or C) something worse?

Anybody had exactly the same experience?

Thanks
CRK
Webby

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be worth also looking at all the multi-pin connectors in the wiring loom.  Had a similar problem on my first car, a VW Polo...coming home from work late one night nothing electrical would work.  Except when the indicator stalk was pulled into the flash position for the headlights, then everything came worked.  Turned out the main connector to the dash was tarnished and would no longer allow current through it.  A new connector cured the problem.  
Maybe cleaning them, or a spray of WD40 or electrical contact cleaner may help.
CRK

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for info - It turns out I have 2 days of extended warranty cover left so I have just dropped it in at the main dealer.  I'm not hopeful they will find anything but worth a go while I have the chance  
So then next week it will be my problem so I'll mostly be cleaning connectors Exclamation  Rolling Eyes

I did try messing with the blue charge relay - When the fault was showing I remove relay and there was no change. When fault not showing I removed the relay - again, no change i.e the warning lights stayed off and aircon stayed working???  Not convinced it is that then so possibly is a connection or alternator or Earth problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: