2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Japanese writing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keithj

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 20:52    Post subject: Japanese writing Reply with quote

Greetings all, just had my 3.1 serviced (3500 miles) by a local chap charged me £120. I told him I was concerned that the filter may not have been changed at the last service. I asked him about the old oil filter and he said that all of the writing on it was in Japanese. Now what I need to know is do some filters in this country come with Japanese writing on them ie from the main dealers or dont we get any in this country with Japanese writing on them?
He checked the axle levels no probs, tightened the fan belt, Tyres, need to keep an eye on them but should get us to france and back, and he found an oil leak on a power steering pipe (probably a needs a new clip) but I need to get it steam cleaned to be sure.

thanks keith
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 20:52    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the filters that you get from Milners off-road are japanese "Boshi" brand with japanese writing on them, I guess they ship them in by the container load. It may well be that it's been serviced at home or by a mechanic/small garage that bought the filter kit (about twelve quid for oil, air and fuel) from there.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
keithj

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 20:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Phil, just wanted to be sure that I was getting what I paid for. Unfortunately I dont have the facilities to do the work myself or I would (I've got a sloping driveway and I dont want to end up as part of the tarmac).

thanks again keith
keithj

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil, thats a reasonable price for oil filter,fuel and air filter. Would I be as well buying my oil from them?

thanks keith
Philp

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get my oil from halfords, as it's only in the engine for 3K miles I just use their own brand semi synth, but then my Trooper only cost £1400 and its an elderly MK 1 which isn't too fussy over oil, just as long as it's changed regularly.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
keithj

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Phil.

keith
reichew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:23    Post subject: Axle Oil Change Reply with quote

Hi Philip, need your advice on the change of rear diff oil. Got the LSD oil from Milner's but am hesitant to change the oil myself... How do one change the oil? I had a visual under and reckon it is a simple job of undoing the topup bolt, and drain the oil via the drain plug, replace the drain plug and top up via the top up hole till just flowing out, then viola! Is this soo or is there oher details I missed?

Pls advice..

Cheers...

rei
markymoan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:45    Post subject: Re: Axle Oil Change Reply with quote

reichew wrote:
Hi Philip, need your advice on the change of rear diff oil. Got the LSD oil from Milner's but am hesitant to change the oil myself... How do one change the oil? I had a visual under and reckon it is a simple job of undoing the topup bolt, and drain the oil via the drain plug, replace the drain plug and top up via the top up hole till just flowing out, then viola! Is this soo or is there oher details I missed?

Pls advice..

Cheers...

rei

That just about covers it, the only thing you missed was the cup of tea  Smile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see.... Thanks my friend for the reassurance. Enjoy a cuppa..... Very Happy
Lynn Johnson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

the other thing to do is make sure the filler plug is not seized before draining the oil out ,for obvious reasons.
Lynn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: