2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Keyfob problem/immobiliser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gordygrk2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 20:24    Post subject: Keyfob problem/immobiliser Reply with quote

Just bought my first trooper 3.1. This morning, on opening door, then pointing key fob at dash, nothing happened. After several minutes, of constantly pressing the button, the indicator lights finally flashed, and the car started! Thought that the battery on the fob was getting low, so took it to get a new one. Same thing only worse. Took 10 mins this time! Looks like the fobs at fault. Any easy solutions? Would be grateful for any advice. By the way, I'm not in the least technically inclined, and bought the trooper to be free of problems, as thy get such a good name. Maybe should have kept my Suzuki Alto after all Sad
Thanks for any help
Gordon
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 20:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

bigbaldbloke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 20:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

What style of immobiliser is it Gordon? Does it have a small red light on it?
gordygrk2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont know the type of immobiliser, but it has a small round red light on the dash to the rhs of the wheel, and a separate fob on the keyring. I have since phoned up the previous owner who managed to find a spare fob. So now that's the only one I've got. If the same thing happens to this one, I'll be sunk. Think I should get the immob looked at with the view to getting some kind of external key bypass put on. Failing that have it bypassed altogether. What do you think?
Gordon
bigbaldbloke

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be better off having an alarm fitted with immobiliser & remote central locking for the money......
gordygrk2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 19:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I've got the name of someone who might be able to help. Fingers crossed.

Gordon
bigbaldbloke

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 0:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck & please post the outcome.
Hobbynut

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just developed the same problem on my Monterey 3.1TD....Sometimes the immobilser comes off immediately and sometimes I have to sit there pressing the key fob for 4 or 5 minutes...I expect one day it won't come off at all.
Cheers
Chris Bennett
Hobbynut
bigbaldbloke

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was similar, and shortly after the rubber button crumbled. I whacked some tape over it to put it back in place & it's been grand ever since.
TDR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 21:54    Post subject: Key / Fob Reply with quote

I have just purchased (a couple of weeks ago ) a 1995 Bighorn drives perfect, when I bought it I only had one key and one fob, the fob works o/k but is well worn, through a google search and information from the Quiet One on this site I came accross a company called Nightwatch that dealt with the Auto Watch alarm I had fitted, following one e mail they can supply me with another fob on receipt of the 6 digit code that was found on the inside of the fob at a total cost of £27 inc. p+p, I think that is good value, I had the key cut at my local Timpson Key Cutting Centre for £6 each or two for £9 the key fitted first time, once I have received the new fob I will put another post on to let you know if all is well.

P.S Nightwatch tel no. is 01732 886777
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Electrics / wiring / lights etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: