4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Woodlands 4x4 fun days in Kent.

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MUNDY

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 15:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotted Haggis- Me and My dad might be there tommorow, But we won't have our SWB off-roader to take round as they have stopped non-road legal cars frokm going round, we will just go and watch if we go, Dad will take his LWB Grey MK1 there(not to take round), so if you see it in the car park thats us there, He knows a bit about off-roading, he taught me what I know,
It is a good course, and is just as fun watching, thats what my dad always says anyway I prefer the driving round.
We are in sittingbourne just up the road form you,

Might see you tommorow

From MUNDY
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 15:24    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

spottedhaggis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok well I have an idea. As I am very new to it, would you both be interested in coming round the simple course with me, just to help me understand the best ways to do things, I really would appreciate it if you would be happy too.

This is my main vehicle so cant afford to do any damage, and having recently been made redundant I cant afford to do repairs, lol, but want to use it for whats its designed for, and I know my kids will love it.

If you and your dad want to come round with me and help me out as a first timer, that would be great, and I plan on watching as from the pics on the site it looks like a fantastic spectator sport, lol.

What time do you plan on going there, so I know the best time to go.
MUNDY

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 15:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we go we should be ther about 9-10ish,
He probably won't mind helping you out, I won't be any use for helping out though as I'm 16, and can just about pull away and change gear,lol.

If we are going I will post it on here by tonight.

If not there s a very good course up the road we go to on a fram, and its just us in pur old Trooper and our mate in his suzuki, you could come up there with us, its a good course, Interested Question
spottedhaggis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gather, lol, you mean farm not fram, as I have no clue what a fram is, lmao.

I assume you live on or near a farm and have permission, in which case, sure I would be interested.

My isuzu has the side steps, but seems pretty high on the 245/75/16 BFG all terrains it has.

I need to take the steps of at some point and try and get one bent straight as the previous owner must have hit something with the step as its scuffed and now bent down a little.
MUNDY

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 16:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do mean Farm,lol
Its in Newington,near Sittingbourne Golf Course just of the A249,
Wormdale Farm,he runs an Outdoor Pursuit thing there and the farmer as a Off-Road Course that knowone goes to except us, £20 for 9m-1ish, good course,quite small,but challenging in parts, Next time we go will let you know, be good to have another trooper there.It's good there for us as we can take our Trooper there and it aint to far to tow the trailer.
MUNDY

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 18:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haggis- Won't be going 2mora, we've got to fix brakes on the off-roader they keep jamming on, within the next 2weeks we will be going to this farm, will let u know when if you are interested.
Good Luck 2mora, and have fun
spottedhaggis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 19:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ... I did it. One of the guys that runs the events took me round the first time to guide me in the best ways to do things, white only of course

Watched a couple getting stuck, that was interesting.

Then, while we watched a slightly lower than should be range rover get stuck at a point on the white that we made it though ok (he he) I pulled over to go around him and suddenly found my self right in front of a rather deep Black zone with only a few feet before I was in it, reversing was out of the question cos there was now a queue of people waititing, and to the left was a fairly easy looking red so I asked one of the waiting drivers who kindly told me it would be a few roots and knots etc so we thought we would have a go (at this point its only me and the kids having been round the white several times now myself)

Off we went, up came a bend, and to my surprise we just stopped moving, lol, my steps had jammed on both sides lifting the rear of the bighorn off the ground, I was stuck.

Kids were like, oh my god, I knew this would happen, so I put it into Reverse (its an Auto) and rocked it, Low, Rev, Low, Rev, Low, Rev and we got free, in reverse as could just not clear the sides of the track with the now slightly upward pointing steps.

We reversed out and waited for the queue to move and went on our merry way.

I noticed that the first time round was fairly easy, I could go the direction I wanted without any worries, but after some 4 times round, it was alot harder to keep a good grip and we found tracktion was not so good, obviousley caused by the good mud caking the tyres had (BFGoodridge all terrains)

All in all, appart from the pain in the bum steps, and the want to go faster but knowing I cant and a couple of light branch scratches on the side, I had a great deal of fun.

Have to re-consider going back and think about damage that can be caused. Look at new suspension and such to accommodate a slightly speedier run without any damage

Took a couple picks on mobile, see here

Stuck in the hole!!!

Cant get out the hole
[/img]
MUNDY

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 20:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, glad you had fun. Wish I went, rather then spending all day looking at the front brake, which we haven't fixed yet,
Have you cleaned it yet, thats always the worst bit,
Philp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side steps are a PITA. mine came off after getting me stuck in my field in France. You can always replace them with a set of rock sliders if you want sill protection. A suspension lift will give you more body to ground clearance but won't change the diff/axle to ground clearance, the only way to do this is to fit bigger tyres. A good plan would be to get a cheap set of wheels maybe from a breaker and fit some bigger (I think you can fit 31's under standard suspension) aggressive remould mud tyres, a lot more grip and a little more clearance and lose the side steps.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
LuckyTrucker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, the risk with fitting aggressive tyres is that you put the half shafts and such like to give up cos they spin then grip then ping, graunch, graunch. If you are with someone then not so aggressive tyres are necessary you get towed out after they have taken their piccies but at least your transmission is still complete. Wink
crocket

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't click this link - it is from a spamming b****ard and prompts you to download some spyware or other.
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

crocket wrote:
Please don't click this link - it is from a spamming b****ard and prompts you to download some spyware or other.

Spam removed...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Club Events All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: