4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Help with buying a trooper big horn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Surridge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:05    Post subject: Help with buying a trooper big horn Reply with quote

Can any body help me I am looking to buy a trooper big horn its on a N plate with 27000 miles on th clock one owner £5500 very good body work.Would this be a good buy. Its also got a Lotous badge on it saying suspensionby lotous can any one tell me what this is all about please. Thanks John.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:05    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

DYLAN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just a slightly better handling system designed by lotus i believe, The price i would say is at the very top end, To pay  that kind of money it wants to be pristine with full service history, Try knocking him down, Just my opinion I'm sure people that know alot more than me will be along shortly to advise you, good luck( Saying that if the 27000 is genuine it could well be worth it)
John Surridge

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dylan
Thanks for the feed back
John
crocket

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 0:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly the same car as mine.

Mine's a '94, mind but I bought it 2 years ago so after allowing for that I reckon £5500 is too dear. I reckon £3000 to £3500 tops for a minter is about right.
I paid £2900 and it was in beautiful condition (until I got it) and has given me no big problems in 2 years of proper hard use. It's earned it's keep a couple of times over, I reckon so, in effect, has cost nowt.

The best workhorse car I've ever owned and then it's fun offroad too. It can even carry enough clothes and make-up to take my girlfriend and her daughter (12 going-on 30) on holiday for a fortnight.  Very Happy

PS. if it's a bighorn it's an import so the "one-owner" claim and the mileage should be taken with a pinch of salt. Judge it on condition would be the best bet.
MartQ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 0:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does sound a bit pricey.  But I suppose I paid £4k for mine a couple of years ago with 65000 on the clock, but it did come from a proper import dealer with a BIMTA certificate etc.
brains

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 0:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

see the parkers guide ,it should give you a idea of what its worth also what to look for before you look at it.
mikeeboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not import one for yourself?
i did and could offer help and advice if you need it (it was a long process but i enjoyed it and will be doing it again in a couple of years)
you will not get ripped off at the japanese auctions, where as if you buy from an import dealer here you will probably be getting a low grade car
if it is an import ask to see the auction certificate - that will show what grade was assigned to it by the auction house when it was sold
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: