2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Water dripping down from sump

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickDogman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 15:43    Post subject: Water dripping down from sump Reply with quote

Hi there good people

it's been a while since ive been on here hope everyone fine  Laughing

I have a problem, well i have lots of problems  Confused  but this one is to do with my 1995 Isuzi 3.2 v6, i have noticed recently that when the engine is running i seem to loose coolant from the front of engine and have noticed it dripping which seems like from the sump. There are two drips one on front corner of sump and the other from roughly the middle. Ive looked what i can see behind the water pump but cant see any water but then again can't really see too much too many bits in way i've laid underneath the motor and looked up but can't really see if the water is dripping down from somewhere else then running on the sump. I've checked the oil levels and theirs no water in the oil and the level is fine.

Also the other day the old girl was dripping quite a lot of water from the same area even with engine switched but this hasn't happened since has any of you good people any ideas or suggestions. im a bit confused... Confused
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 15:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mikeeboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 16:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you have the air con on?
ChickDogman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 16:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

my trooper hasn't got air con.

cheers mark
brains

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its the water pump m8.
ChickDogman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for the reply

That is what i thought it could be i have checked the pump but there doesn't appear to be any play like loose bearings mind you i suppose a gasget may have gone, the other thing i was wondering if there are any pipes below the pump that may be leaking are there any..? the only other thing i thought which i hope it isn't is a front core plug.... Crying or Very sad
Has anybody a detailed diagram showing the front of the engine, as i could then get an idea of what pipes and bits are below the pump before i start ripping bits of it.
i must say it been running lovely since i bought it so not really looked at the engine much must say looks a bit of a nightmare not much room on the 3.2 under the bonnet.

cheers mark
brains

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you try for play with the belt on?if so take it off and try again.
if you have then sorry for the dumb question. Laughing
DYLAN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a seal in the water pump if that goes it comes through a hole in the bottom of it, mine did not have play and the gasket was fine but the water pump was shot
brains

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

see you learn some thing new every day Laughing
ChickDogman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, it's cold and we need snow to play in a isuzu's

sorry lost it a bit there , to the above i did try riggling the pump with the belt on i haven't without yet so cheers for that, this hole thing so this will let water go and would you not be able to see any other visible water apart from where it is dripping on mine of the sump..?

cheers mark
DYLAN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 23:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Suppose it would be running down the engine to the sump, a descent garage should tell you. I could feel the wet under mine eventually.. The symptom to start with was overheating and dumping all the water but i suppose they all differ...
ChickDogman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 23:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Dylan

i think i'll take the gamble and order a water pump when i strip the front down i'll hopefully see where the water marks are left, hey anyway about time i spent a bit on the old girl, never spent no money on her so far so i suppose something has to go wrong sometime.

at the end of the day i can still use it but have to top her up about once a week. Will the leak get worse as time goes on if it is the pump if i left it or could i hang it out till the weather get a bit warmer, sorry if thats a eeerr bit of a dumb question..?
brains

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 23:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple answer is yes it will get worse.
DYLAN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well mine did, sometimes it would go a week or two, then it would end up empty every day. if your going to leave it for a while just carry plenty of water. Personally if it is the pump i would do it sooner rather than later, but thats just my opinion
ChickDogman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

See i new this site was the best

what would i do without you lot, cheers for the replies i shall try and sort it asap in that case otherwise my dogs won't be happy as really it's there trooper, and they won't be able to go on there favourite walkies,... Laughing  

once i get the old girl sorted out does anybody live near me in leigh-on-sea southend and know of any places to do a bit of off roading...?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: