4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

confused !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willowkevin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 0:36    Post subject: confused ! Reply with quote

hi all , bit of a query on the 2.8 cooling system , the frontera i put the engine in has an expansion bottle ive piped up to the radiator , but .. im getting a leak from the radiator cap , is this because ive raised the head of water ? the trooper had a smaller bottle from the rad neck fed by a smaller pipe at the same top height as the rad filler , but the fronty bottle is set higher and the fronty rad didnt have a filler on it ? this leak im having is bugging me , but as its home spun im puzzled as to the cause ?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 0:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

brains

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:23    Post subject: confused ! Reply with quote

ether im confused or its late but can you send a pic of the engine bay so we can see what youve done.
willowkevin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

the camera's died mate !my lad borrowed it before xmas for a trip to old trafford and its not worked since ! but after reading my own post i think ive answered my self ! its leaking because ive used the wrong expansion bottle and ive raised the head of water too much ! (i think  Confused )
brains

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 16:03    Post subject: confused ! Reply with quote

give ti a go then m8 , its dificult to help as the engine is in a frontera but if you are able to get another on just update your pictures and if you do get a problem we can help more. Very Happy
wisecobandit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

So your saying your expansion bottle is higher than the radiator cap?
It certainly wont help but then your cap should be water tight and only release steam under pressure.
It may just need a new rad cap as it may have a didgy sealing washer?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used a 2.3 Fronty rad which doesn't have a filler & it works perfectly with the 2.0 expansion bottle like you have.
My 3.1 has a 2.8 Trooper rad with a 3.1 side expansion bottle and that also works perfectly, so probably the cap is at fault.
Having said that, the expansion pipe from below your rad cap should be constantly emersed in the expansion ressevoir.
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: