2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

intercooler actuator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:23    Post subject: intercooler actuator Reply with quote

could somebody please explain what the actuator on the intercooler is? (3.1 mark II) its beside the inlet of the intercooler and the outlet leading to the fuel pump
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

shinz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jp, not sure what the second part of your question refers to but mine has what looks like a vacuum actuated butterfly in the duct between the turbo outlet & the intercooler inlet. I'm not totally sure but I think it is something to do with the cold start / fast warmup switch. This is also rumoured to control a butterfly in the exhaust outlet but I've never looked to see if mine has one here. I do know that trying to drive away with this switch on kills performance & makes black smoke. Ask me how I know  Laughing  Laughing
Just about had a heart attack the first time I did it inadvertantly.
Steve.
JP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

the second part was to indentify location. can i remove this as im replacing the exhaust with a 3" and want to front mount the i/c?
jonkem

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 23:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 2 vacuum pipes at that location. One operates a flap at the inlet of the intercooler & providing the flap is open you can blank it off.

The other pipe measures the pressure in the inlet tract and adjusts fueling to suit. You need that one connected even with an fmic.
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: