2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Clutch won't disengage properly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StormTrooper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:16    Post subject: Clutch won't disengage properly Reply with quote

Hey all,

I have an 88 Isuzu TrooperII 2.6litre petrol 5-speed. I just recently (as in today) replaced the Clutch master cylinder and clutch slave cylinder. I don't seem to have any leaks anywhere, and I have bled the lines three or four times. However, it seems like the clutch won't fully disengage. For instance if I put it in reverse it will grind a bit, or while driving it's hard to get it into the next gear. Would a bubble in the fluid cause this? Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:16    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

brains

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

how are you bleeding it?
StormTrooper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

My clutch hydraulic system has three main parts. The master cylinder (just replaced), some sort of dampening system box, and the slave cylinder (just replaced).

The dampening box has a bleed screw, so I man that. So with a helper in the seat, I open the bleed screw, tell the helper to press the clutch, I close the bleed screw, and tell the helper to depress the clutch. Then I repeat the process until I see no bubbles purging at the damper box.

I then go below the 'suzu and man the bleed screw there. I open the screw, tell the helper to press the clutch, I close the screw and tell the helper to depress the clutch, and repeat the process until I see no apparent bubbles. Not sure if that is correct, but it was how I was taught Neutral
brains

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds right ..............try again but this time just open the bleed nipple on the slave cylinder and let me know how you get on.
StormTrooper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright, will do that tomorrow, I have retired on it for the evening. Question, how many repetitions should I go through to ensure there are no bubbles still in the system? BTW, thanks for the info mate
wayneh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need a piece of pipe off the bleed screw into a jar of clutch fluid, then just bleed as you have just described. this way you should get no air pulled back into the system
brains

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

did the same on a rover 600 not to long ago and as i blead the system it got better and better every time , in the end i think i did it in about 10 atempts untill it was right.
StormTrooper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

i didnt get the time to bleed it again today, but i did make a quick trip in it and it is feeling better, im going to bleed it again to see if I can get it any better.

Every once in a while the gears will grind going in, sound like low tranny fluid?
MartQ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's anything like a vauxhall clutch, you will probably have to pressure bleed it using something like an ezebleed system.  You just can't do Vectra clutches without one, you'll be there for days with no results.
jonkem

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

These can be a pig somtimes. I normally reckon on at least 10 cycles of pumping to be fairly sure of success. Your method of press & hold until the nipple is tightened is spot on so persevere. Good luck!
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
StormTrooper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys, she is runnin top notch now, other than some light and wiring issues. Again thanks  Very Happy  Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Gearbox / transmission / 4WD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: