All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

After Recall LOST POWER

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose this could have been caused by overfuelling with the old injectors...? Could even have been the fault with my old commercial... still this ones great so im not complaining. Only 1000 miles to go and its due a service etc.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 20:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Mike.Jones

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant say I've noticed any difference with mine.

Still seems to pull the (1700Kg) Caravan as well as it ever did.
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been into Tunit this morning asking a few questions...

Cost - £467.65 self fit or £507.60 fitted.

They do offer to install one onto your vehicle and then they will come out with you for a test drive... if you like it you pay up and drive away with a more powerful motor, if you dont like it you simply pay £40 for the labour and they will take it off and you drive away £40 lighter and with your power as before.

The figures quoted are as follows:
Standard - 159bhp power, 222lbft torque
+Tunit - 192bhp power, 270lbft torque

Tunit in Chorley (their HQ) have done "about half a dozen" 3.0 troopers in the last six months and according to their Aftersales guy (john) all the customers left very happy with big improvements in power and also better fuel figures.

More info on www.tunitlancashire.co.uk

Sooo - Im now looking to get it done at some point towards the end of feb (service is due first). I will keep you updated when the work is done.
jonny m

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 14:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will keep you posted on the rolling road test but I am going on holiday for two weeks so i will forget about it for a bit but when i get back i will set the ball rolling if the engine is doing the right bhp i will have to get it chipped because its painfull to drive with 3ton behind you so if you have any recomdations on chips i would be greatful thailand here i come Twisted Evil  Laughing
tommo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 14:24    Post subject: loss of power Reply with quote

I had my injectors done in April06 and can`t say i`ve noticed any power loss though it does take longer to start (but still starts first time). Wink
r10crw

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, if the injectors have changed then the entire map for the engine will have changed. Should isuzu themselves not update this as it could mean the engine is running lean at various parts of the rev range. Also does this chip or tuning box take account the different injectors? cheers craig.
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

The helpful chap I spoke to regarding a re-map said he is now doing more Troopers due to customers losing power - I doubt Isuzu will want to look into re-mapping the motors .... especially as they will have paid out a fortune to refit injectors into all the 3.0 motors in the uk just to prevent any further failures.

Info in the Modifications section
http://www.itocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6100
jonny m

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 21:54    Post subject: Been on Rolling road Reply with quote

I have been on the rolling road today was not good she was 124bhp with 176 torque dealing with dealer now keep you all posted Embarassed
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 21:59    Post subject: Re: Been on Rolling road Reply with quote

jonny m wrote:
I have been on the rolling road today was not good she was 124bhp with 176 torque dealing with dealer now keep you all posted Embarassed

Interesting ... that would account for the "20-30bhp" folk like Twister, me and a few others think has been robbed Question  from the 3.0DT with the updated injectors. Either way I like my 3.0DT but do crave the enormous burst of power the engine produced as an original unit.
crocket

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 22:41    Post subject: Re: Been on Rolling road Reply with quote

jonny m wrote:
she was 124bhp Embarassed

Blimey. My bike gives about that!
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 0:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still on the info trail before I shell out some hard earned foldy stuff for more power I contacted "Prodrive" the subaru tweakers as they have designed the magic boxes for the new Rodeo's ... they came back with this response.
Quote:
The package for the Rodeo isn't the same as could be used on the Trooper unfortunately. We develop the various packages at the request of Isuzu UK and they haven't asked us to do one for the Trooper and as it's now an 'older' model it's unlikely they will, particularly in view of the engine warranty claims with this model.

Not sure why the performance should be reduced with the new injectors, I suppose the only real reason would be if they are slightly smaller than the original ones (or don't leak when they are supposed to be closed!!) which may take the edge off the performance a little.

Hard1
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:07    Post subject: Re: Been on Rolling road Reply with quote

jonny m wrote:

Yeah but that's at the wheels. The factory BHP figures are probably at flywheel so if you are comparing like for like the figure will be at least 25% higher depending on the frictional losses through the various boxes etc....

Click HERE to see under my bonnet!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Recall notices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: