Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

UNDERNEATH NOISE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mukinfudy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:54    Post subject: UNDERNEATH NOISE Reply with quote

HI WENT UP TO DURHAM TO BUY SOME WHEELS FOR TROOPER 1988 2.6i 5 MANUAL LWB THE WHEELS ARE GREAT AND FOR £10.00 A BARGAIN ANYWAY TRIP WAS 400 MILES ROUND TRIP DID THIS GREAT EVEN HAD NEARLY 1/4 TANK FUEL LEFT BY THE WAY IT IS A PETROL MODEL THE NEXT DAY DROVE TROOPER TO CAMBRIDGE CLOSE TO WERE I LIVE AND HAD A WERING NOISE CHECKED THE FRONT AND REAR AXLES AND GEAR BOX FOR ANY LACK OF FLUID ALL OK SON SAID IT SOUNDED LIKE IT WAS COMING FROM THE BACK JACKED IT UP AND FOUND LEAKING REAR WHEEL BEARING REPLACED THIS BUT NO DIFFERENT BUT THE NOISE DOES SEEM TO BE COMING FROM THE MIDDLE OF THE CAR NEAREST THING THERE IS THE FRONT END OF THE FRONT PROP WERE IT GOES INTO THE GEARBOX THE UJ AT THE VERY FRONT DOES SEEM TO HAVE EXSECIVE PLAY BUT WOULD THAT CAUSE THE NOISE I AM FAMILIAR WITH DIFF AND GEARBOX WHINES AND IT IS MOST DEFFINATLEY NOT A WHINE IT IS MORE OF A WERING RUMMBLE ANY IDEAS BY THE WAY IT SEEMS TO START ABOUT 20 MPH AND YOU CAN PUT IT IN NEUTRAL AT ABOUT 50 AND COAST AND IT IS STILL THERE BUT WHEN NOT MOVING AND YOU REV THE ENGINE THERE IS NO NOISE SO CAN ONLY ASSUME IT IS RUNING GEAR SOME WERE TRIED THE STATIC BIT BECAUSE THEN CAN ELIMINATE THE INPUT SHAFT AS THAT WILL SPIN WITH THE CRANK I THINK.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:54    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

rabbitt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI AND CAN YOU PLEASE TURN THE CAPS OFF

Smile

you say you have some new wheels , did they by any chance come with some big gripped tyres ???

sounds daft but you can get quite a lot of noise from off road tyres , i know i do with mine and could be mistaken for a mechanical fault ?

just an idea anyway
lazybones

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 13:48    Post subject: change uj Reply with quote

i got similar prob and from what ive read start with changing your uj m8 no play is allowed so if i was u goto milners online £10 (£17 inc p&p&vat) i got mine in 24 hrs if ordered before 3pm waiting to put mine on now but pissing down just been soaked in 2 min before i gave up i live on slight hill and water running down the neck in this weather aint nice
THE QUIET ONE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

on ur truck underneth u will c 9 nipples give them all a good grease

mk1 2.8 ex skippy
mu 3.1 xs turbo
bendy bus
SCUM RUN 2010
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: