2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Another 3.0 td with starting trouble...

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a matter of interest, Normskee, where did you get your alternator? I got one from a guy on eebuygum which I haven't fitted yet - it will be an encouragement if you got yours from him and you've proven it works!!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 17:26    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

normskee

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 19:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topvaux, I did think about doing the same but opted for Milners. It's not an OE alternator and there is no spec plate on it, but it's working ok. I'm sure yours will be fine. Good luck with it.
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really nervous about it!  Laughing  Laughing  Mine hasn't any marks or plates either - probably from the same shack in Taiwan!
normskee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topvaux wrote:
As a matter of interest, Normskee, where did you get your alternator? I got one from a guy on eebuygum which I haven't fitted yet - it will be an encouragement if you got yours from him and you've proven it works!!

Well, the new alternator was faulty. It's been draining the battery overnight. I had thought the load was 35mA and within limits but it helps to put the multimeter on the correct setting...it was actually 350 mA.  Embarassed

Milners offered to replace it without any fuss and it should be here in two days. The original one wasn't putting out enough charge. That combined with no glowplugs, as one had cooked itself and caused the 50A fuse to blow, (£9.50 for a fuse from Culverwells in Roberstbridge  Shocked ). So with two low batteries it's no wonder the thing wouldn't start. At least I now know it has new filters and the correct oil in (I changed it as a precaution), the injector recall and RP sensor fitted (sticker on the rocker cover baffle), so hopefully after this it should be sorted.
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

£9.50 for a fuse  Shocked
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 22:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

normskee wrote:
Well, the new alternator was faulty.

Oh, heck! Hope it's not the same shack in Taiwan that mine's from, then!

Still got mine off the road having the ECU repaired so still haven't tried my alternator..........

Good luck with yours, anyway. Hope your troubles are over now.
normskee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 23:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Topvaux wrote:
Good luck with yours, anyway. Hope your troubles are over now.

Cheers Topvaux. Hope yours is sorted soon too. I'm sure the 3.0td is a good motor but most people seem to use these forums because they have a problem, so most of the subject matter tends to be negative.
The problems with mine have all been with pattern parts.
I had problems all the time with my Discovery, including a replacement gearbox so I haven't lost faith in the Trooper yet. It pulls two and a half tonne safely, drives superbly and is surprisingly reasonable on fuel. I hope there's a few years left in it yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: