QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

CB Radios

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 13:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok got a CB (loaner off a friend)

It came with magnetic mount - my question is that how do I earth this as I understand aerial has to be earthed to work properly?

I would rather not have to scrape paint off my roof Sad
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 13:23    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

crocket

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just plonk it on the car and it works by magic Laughing  Seriously, I don't know much about electrickery but they do work all right. Whilst not giving the range of a proper body mount, I've used one for years and it's great up to about 2 miles and just about all right up to about 5 and that's a very cheap nasty one I've got so some will be better.
TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

crocket wrote:
You just plonk it on the car and it works by magic Laughing  Seriously, I don't know much about electrickery but they do work all right. Whilst not giving the range of a proper body mount, I've used one for years and it's great up to about 2 miles and just about all right up to about 5 and that's a very cheap nasty one I've got so some will be better.

Excellent!

Wife was horrified to see CB aerial on roof as it was!
crocket

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I've found it better to put it right in the middle of the bonnet when off-roading as I was getting fed-up with trees knocking it off the roof.
Trooper Jon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 18:35    Post subject: Posh CB Reply with quote

Using CB radios all the time I got fed up with no decent place to put one without either fetching the skin off the wifes shin bone or drilling mounting holes in my precious trooper and then I found this ! !

http://www.thunderpole.co.uk/team_roadcom.htm

Brilliant It fits flush like a radio does in the opening just below the radio and looks like its part of the vehicle and not something a farmer threw in hoping it would eventually find its place ( guess what I do for a living ! )

£114 is dear but good ol eebuygum I am sure will do the trick for half that.

Regarding the mag mounts then no they do not need earthing as the braid of the coaxial cable is earthed at the set and the antenna uses the car roof as what called a ground plane that reflects signals to the antenna so for best reception then in the middle of the roof is the best place for them.

I got fed up with the wires from mag mounts and got a drill and went up through where the coutesy light is and now no wires in sight.

Now in winter the only time I use it is when we are chasing suspicious what look like ex cons who seem determined to drive over the crops and leaving as much of a mess as they can chasing foxes so they can cut off their tails which is exactly what I would do to them if I got half a chance Smile

Regards Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: