Adrian Flux : 0800 916 1257

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Stalling engine at startup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newisuzuowner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 19:43    Post subject: Stalling engine at startup Reply with quote

Hi,

Newbie here.

Read through loads of your threads and you all have given helpful advice to other problems i have had.

Now i have aproblem that doesn't seem to be quite covered off before.

Currently own a '91 2.6 Petrol SWB Citation.

The Car has been "parked Up" for a few months but has been run and driven every so often during this period and it's been fine. Since the car has offically been back on the road the last week it has still been running fine and i have covered off over 200 miles and no problems until yesterday morning.....

The car started fine and i managed to drive to work fine until i went to park and i pulled up and the car stalled. I tried to re-start it and it fired up but then stalled again straight away. turned it over again and it started, then the same thing happened again. I had to keep doing this and i just managed to get enough power to slowly pull the car foward before it would do it again.
Left the car for a while and came back. It started and ran fine and i got home ok. no problems.

Then today starting it at home it was doing the stalling thing again straight away. So i thought maybe the fuel filter so i went out in the missus car and got a new one...fitted it...slightly better. but it didn't solve the problem.

It will start fine..idle for 2-3 seconds or maybe 5 if im really lucky and then just die!

When i fitted the new fuel filter i didn't bleed the system as a)thouught this had to only be done on a diesel b)not sure how?

Does any one have any suggestions that i could try please?

Many Thanks in advance
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 19:43    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 20:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

First welome  Very Happy

I'm not to up on petrol troops but it will have a filter in the fuel tank on the pickup pipe.
I would say take the fuel filler cap off, and the fuel pipe and blow it back to the tank with an airline.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 20:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also it could be the ignition coil breaking down, both have simlar symptoms  Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 22:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Cheers Marky i'll give the first a go and see what happens.

excuse my ignorance..I got as far as taking the filler cap off but then remove the fuel pipe from where?.. which section to blow it back from...fuel filter?

I thought the filter in the tank was supposed to be self cleaning type?

Cheers Mate
markymoan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 22:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like i said i'm not up on the troop petrols, i'm going of what i know about other cars.
Sad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont even know if the 2.6 is carb or injection for where to blow it back from  Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 0:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find the fuel flow pipe in the engine bay and use that one. Only low pressure on the airline though!
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
newisuzuowner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the advice.

I tried what you said...unfortunatley it didn't work!

But....what i have found out was that when i took the fuek flow pipe off in the engine bay when i tried to blow it back was that if i put the end of it in a container and turned it over the fuel that appeared, there was rust particles in the bottom of it...So it looks like the fuel tank is bug*ered and it rusting from the inside....it only takes a small amount of fuel to start it and after that the particles are stoppping it from running.

So if any one knows where i can get a decent second hand fuel tank from that would be great...a new one is just too expensive.

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: