4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Trooper 3.2 duty petrol/lpg INTERMITIENT STARTING PROBLEMS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DYLAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 17:37    Post subject: Trooper 3.2 duty petrol/lpg INTERMITIENT STARTING PROBLEMS Reply with quote

Hi this is my first post i have recently bought a 3.2 petrol/lpg converted Trooper. My problem is every now and then when i try to start it the anti theft light flashes on the dash and it turns the engine fine but no start, Also the lights for the lpg do not flash, the lpg system is a landi.. I dont think it is the gas system at fault (BUT I AM NO EXPERT) It also has a stick that has to be put on the dash is this standard? Does this car have plug in diagnostics. Its a 94 on an L plate. Any help on this matter would be Great, I can spend money on it but dont want to throw money in someones pocket if the fault is not going to be rectified, I had a 89 plate shogun before this and it makes the shogie look like fred flintstone's car, i love it and would like to have it good again.... thankyou in advance

Dyl
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 17:37    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 18:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess the stick is some kind of alrm/immobiliser key, it could well be a fault with that.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
DYLAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 20:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

The built in anti theft light (on the dash) just flashes though when you try to start which made me think it was that.
DYLAN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 23:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well auto electrician it is thanks anyway. will let you know what it was when i know
brains

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 0:03    Post subject: Trooper 3.2 duty petrol/lpg INTERMITIENT STARTING PROBLEMS Reply with quote

do you have a spare key if you do try it i think its the chip in the key ?
DYLAN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 0:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a spare (is there a chip? the key is totally sealed)
brains

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 17:27    Post subject: Trooper 3.2 duty petrol/lpg INTERMITIENT STARTING PROBLEMS Reply with quote

more than likley m8 see a tuning company or a mobile service in your area and thay will test it (if it has one mind its just an idea ok).
DYLAN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 17:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanx i got a mobile auto/elec - tuning guy coming tomorrow, i had to have the RAC out today he just cut 2 wires and got it running on petrol only(i dont think he knew what he cut just that they were add ons) thankyou very much for your help . I will keep you posted.
DYLAN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto elec came today done some rewiring on the gas system and a few other bits that were bodged semms to have done the trick(fingers crossed)
DYLAN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update on this one the problem was still there albeit very seldom and usually only lasted for a couple of seconds UNTIL TODAY. As it happens i had just filled up with gas at a local gas fitter so they have got it now, I hope once and for all they can sort it because i love the car but this problem is P*ssi*g me off. There is now no power to gas system and no spark at all. Fingers crossed AGAIN
DYLAN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all else fails does anyone know if there is a diagnostics tech1 socket on this model,  94 manual Trooper 3.2 Duty
DYLAN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank goodness for that, Sorted, It was the aftermarket immobiliser , It had a multipoint shutoff system and one of the relays on the fuel shut off was knackered so Kind garage man 1 Found the fault 2 rewired it bypassing the fuel shut off. 3 Soldered some tatty wiring that has always been on it. And best of all only charged me £60 Quid (gave him a bit extra for a liquid refreshment or two) . He'll do for me..  Anybody wants a good garage round here that knows there stuff Dave Crofts on campbell Drive, Barrowhill,,,, I'm one happy chappie Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Laughing
K.Goodwin
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 22:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to hear you got it sorted  Smile

Twister wrote:
Always thought Troopers look their best in white

LTM 022
dxmedia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has problems with the factory fitted imobiliser on the V6 - If it's the same as the one fitted to other V6 vauxhalls, pm me - I've had to bypass on my old omega many moons ago. I'm not going to post here due to the obvious security issues, but it's a very very quick fix - one small length of wire to bridge a couple of pins on the imobiliser socket - I wouldn't recommend randomly trying since you may bork your imobiliser unit !!!

Chris.

01553 845 945
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: