All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

help advice needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gypsyfilly1964
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 16:55    Post subject: help advice needed Reply with quote

Hi, i am a newbie sadly disillusioned soon to be ex shogun owner, looking to be a isuzu trooper citation owner.

I need some advice, i have found what looks like a nice trooper.  it is a 52 plate, done 44,000 miles with full service history, 1 owner, it appears fully loaded with all sorts of accessories.  Price is £8995. is this good.  

it is 3.0 TD auto.  I am asking what sort of things should i look for, what sort of questions should i ask.  I got caught badly with my shogun and now want rid.  This has kinda put me off shoguns but still want a 4 x 4 as the reason i had one in the first place is still there, apart from the fact that i like them. lol

Cheers
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 16:55    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

markymoan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing to do is check that the campaign work has been done,
I'm sure one of the 3.0 owners will be along to explain in more detail  Smile

Oh and Welcome  Very Happy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 18:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,

First off on the 3.0 you will notice it takes a few turns to start - this is normal and is due to the design of injection system.
Get the VIN number and either call your local Isuzu Dealer or Isuzu UK (see handy links section for number) and ask if there is any outstanding campaign work - it should have had (or be due) new Injectors and Ceramic in-dash heater terminals. Also when you speak with Isuzu double check its a UK motor and not an Irish or Cypriot import ... they recall work on these has to be done thru Isuzu Europe and generally tales a little longer.

Take it for a drive - the 3.0 should be powerful and have a clear turbo boost between 1800rpm and 2800rpm (softened a little if its auto). Make sure there is no smoke on start up and only a little black under acceleration as the 3.0 is not a smokey engine.
Its then down to the usuall basics... maybe see the www.parkers.co.uk site for their buying guides or maybe one of the AA/RAC checks if you are not sure.

If you do buy it make sure its serviced only with 5w30 oil - this is critical for the car to run correctly.

The price seems reasonable... though maybe push for a little off? I paid 8495 for mine 7 months ago.

Keep us all posted and feel free to ask for more advice.
Gypsyfilly1964
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will, i hope i do get it, it has to be better than my shogun.

Thanks for your advice i will certainly make notes
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 18:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit (and yes I am biased) the 3.0DT motor is superb ... yes they have their niggles but regular servicing and ensuring campaign work is done it should be as reliable as any other motor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: