2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

my trooper wont start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bellasks

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:39    Post subject: my trooper wont start Reply with quote

three days ago i fill the tank full of gas and it was running fine i then turned it off for only about 10 minutes and now i havent been able to start it since i have already emptied the gas tank and replaced the fuel pump i'm out of ideas all information is appreciated
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:39    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dxmedia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

bellasks,

Can you supply any more information? I presume that this is a petrol (gas) engine? If so, have you looked for a spark? If the imobiliser clicking off? Are the plugs getting fuel to them?

There should be some guys on here soon who will be able to point in the right direction.

Chris.

01553 845 945
bellasks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:20    Post subject: thank you Reply with quote

thank you for your advice. yes it does use gas, yes there is a spark, i replaced the distributor,strater,battery,engine coolant sensor and also checked the timing
dxmedia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

hummm,

Sounds like you've done all of the initial checks for getting it running.

I take it the engine is the 2.6?

Does it 'attempt' to start?  i.e. Is does it try to fire and fail, or is there nothing at all. I take it that the spark is blue?  If it's yellow, it might be worth trying a different coil.

Is the starter spinning fast?  It's not dying on the battery trying to turn over is it?

A can of 'easy start' or similar may be worth a quick spray through the air inlet if the spark is good.  Also a small drop of petrol down the carb can often get an engine running enough to tune up, but I wouldn't recommend if it's not starting at all.

If the plug is wet (with gas), I would guess that the problem is going to be electrical.  If you pop to a local motor factors (parts shop), you should be able to pick up a spark plug tester for a few $$, they are worth their weight when trying to diagnose electrical issues on petrol engines.

Hope this gives you something to try.

Chris.

01553 845 945
jonkem

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you made certain that tyhe gas is getting to the engine? You can crank it witht he fuel pipe disconnected at the engine to make sure. If it's getting that far, crank it with your gas pedal flat to the floor, turn it off and quickly pull a spark plug out and see if it's wet.
Good luck Smile
2000 Astra Estate (work)
2006 VXR Astra
MK1 SR Nova
greasemonkey
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI
if you are getting a spark then you must have no fuel
i would check the fuel pump relay and fuse
cheers
GM
View user's profile Send personal message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bellasks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you all for your ideas and advice it is definitely electrical i had a friend come over and he by passed the feul pump relay and some other things so all i need to do is turn the key and hit a toggle switch and it starts (i know  it soounds a little riged but its just in time to go out to the desert and play for the weekend) i'll deal with the electrical issuue next week thanks you guys
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: