2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Noisekiller soundproofing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
homeward
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Upper Tysoe, Warwickshire (i.e. the middle of nowhere...)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 15:49    Post subject: Noisekiller soundproofing Reply with quote

Hi!

Has anyone soundproofed their Trooper/Bighorn... -- particularly, using the kit from Noisekiller Acoustics (UK) Ltd?

After driving a petrol V6 Sigma estate for the last five years, it's taking me a while to get used to the acoustic joys of a diesel again... Shocked -- and I therefore wondered if it was worth fitting Noisekiller's kit for 1993-onwards LWB Troopers (£183 inc vat and carriage)?

The kit consists of under-bonnet and bulkhead panels; under-carpet floor and transmission tunnel pads; door pads; as well as boot side, under-carpet and wheel-arch pads.

Cheers...!

Currently Isuzu-less; but hoping to be back in a Bighorn soon.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 15:49    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Philp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just turn the stereo up until my ears start to crackle and pop.......(result of too many loud concerts in my youth) covers a multitude of sins!

The reviews of this company in some of the land rover mags seem to say their gear is pretty good.

96 or is it a 98 Isuzu Bighorn Lotus
stanners

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am booking my bighorn in for a visit within the next month - so I will report back to the forum soon if that is of any assistance to anyone.

As a noise consultant I will be taking measurements inside before and after to quantify if it is any better - which I am sure it will be...
homeward
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

Location: Upper Tysoe, Warwickshire (i.e. the middle of nowhere...)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

stanners wrote:
Am booking my bighorn in for a visit within the next month - so I will report back to the forum soon if that is of any assistance to anyone.

As a noise consultant I will be taking measurements inside before and after to quantify if it is any better - which I am sure it will be...

Hi, Stanners!

Did you ever go ahead with this?

Only reason I ask is that I've just had Steve from Noisekiller fit the kit; and, subjectively, the difference is amazing! (And I'd love to hear if, objectively, the results are the same....) Rolling Eyes

I know a 10-year-old, fairly industrial diesel-engined 4x4 is never going to sound that smooth; but there is now a wonderful lack of top-end rattle when accelerating hard up hills; and I found myself driving at over 70 where I normally do at least 10 mph less! (I'm obviously going to have to re-educate my ears as to the speed I'm doing... -- but it's obviously going to make motorway driving a whole lot more relaxing!)

The car, as a whole, feels more solid, as well (even over our local, rutted and potholed roads...); and I now need to fix some of those niggly little interior noises (mostly caused by an over-full glove-box and crates in the boot...) that I've noticed, that weren't quite so audible before! Embarassed

Steve is also a genuinely nice guy, as well; and he and Debbie at Noisekiller were incredibly helpful and efficient in organizing the fitting where I live (on one of Steve's many mobile-fitting jaunts around the country).

As usual, all the stuff about not being affiliated to the company in question, etc. applies...!

Currently Isuzu-less; but hoping to be back in a Bighorn soon.
stanners

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errrrrr - never quite got round to that, but will be soon cos me the family and the 'horn are off to the Highlands to live and play - and Manchester is a bit closer here than from Inverness - will get it done in the next month or so and report back!!!
stanners

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right - update time!!

Been running the 'horn round for a bit now with the insulation in place and it s clear that the noise levels are lower - it's showed up that I need new door seals!!!

I haven't done the figures yet for the after measurements but will do so in the next couple of days and post them back up.

IMHO Noisekiller isn't cheap, but it is effective and the service was brill - turned up and it was fitted within 3 hours...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Parts Suppliers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: