QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

1995 3.1 Turbo Diesel front discs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeatshoebury
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:13    Post subject: 1995 3.1 Turbo Diesel front discs Reply with quote

After hearing a bit of a graunching sound from my not quite as good as they used to be brakes, I decide to fit a set of new pads. No real probs in that area but I noticed some awful scarring on the inside of the front offside disc and am now awaiting a new disc from Milner!
Are there any of you guys out there who can point out any snags in the disc replacement process! it looks fairly straighforward in the book, but then again it always does, and when I get to do the job I usually haven't enough grunt to do the simple task of say, 'remove the six securing screws', in less than three days!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:13    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Peej
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 19:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you just replacing 1 disc? I personally would do a pair, a lot of places won't sell them singularly, sorry if I've misread. As you say I don't think the job is that problematic.

LTM 24
mikeatshoebury
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 19:50    Post subject: Front disc replacement Reply with quote

I did have a small problem in changing the disc! This was the lack of knowledge that a small circlip holds the whole auto hub clutch on. When I managed to find this the job was relatively easy!
Oh, and yes, I only changed the offside disc because the other one was perfect and what we are looking at here is a grunt machine for the caravan which is used very sparingly and is also well monitored!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Fuel, oil, lubes and fluids All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: