All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Approx price to pay for a '97 Petrol Trooper?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YWIW

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 21:07    Post subject: Approx price to pay for a '97 Petrol Trooper? Reply with quote

Hi moving closer to the point where I will buy a Trooper as a 3rd car, mainly for family camping trips and the occasional IKEA trip - possibly a waste of the cars capability but there you go.  I'm not overly fussed for diesel or petrol as I will be doing less than 4K miles per annum - unless I really get to like it  Laughing

This forum seems a good place for info - and if I end up with one then I'm certain to be bothering the living daylights out you all.

However what is the right price to pay?  I've been burned a few times on eebuygum with cars (always honour the agreement to buy) so it's a dealer.  There is one near me that has been slowly reducing the price of an R plate 3.2 down from £4K to £2.5 currently and I think he may go a few cents more.  It's done 107K miles, I'm not sure of the spec or if it's an import or not (doesn't worry me if it is ) and I will find out more this weekend.

What sort of price should I be looking to pay?   Montereys do seems to have a sun roof (which is nice) for the same price?

Much obliged for any clue / steer I can be given!
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 21:07    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Chris01

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

2.5K sounds ok to me, petrols are pretty reliable and bullet proof, had mine 7 years no problems except noisy tappets, an oil change and valve cleaner sorts it. Mpg is not too bad either, mine fairly much always does 20/21mpg, a friend of mine at work who had a diesel and drove practicaly the same route to work only got 22/23mpg, I guess it would do better on the motorway but nothing in it for me. Petrols are so much quieter, smoother and faster! you can crusie at 90 if you want, a diesel can't even touch 90 all out!
YWIW

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris01 - thanks for that - drove it today.  Very tappetety on startup and for the first five minutes a fair amount of smoke as well - but that cleared after a while, I think it had been standing.

Overall - impressed with it everything seemed to work as expected, it pulled to the left on braking, possibly a lazy servo but otherwise seemed OK.   The load space is amazing, and the auto shifted well.

Lacking a sunroof though so I will have to think and see how much my current toy (older Paj) achieves on the bay before I commit.

Cheers.
chrali

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 12:14    Post subject: Smokey startup on petrol Reply with quote

YWIW wrote:
Hi Chris01 - thanks for that - drove it today.  Very tappetety on startup and for the first five minutes a fair amount of smoke as well - but that cleared after a while, I think it had been standing.

Overall - impressed with it everything seemed to work as expected, it pulled to the left on braking, possibly a lazy servo but otherwise seemed OK.   The load space is amazing, and the auto shifted well.

Lacking a sunroof though so I will have to think and see how much my current toy (older Paj) achieves on the bay before I commit.

Cheers.

I know this is an old thread, but I just hadda respond to this. My Monty was sitting for months before it was started, but there was NO smoke, but some steam. I guess you have to be sure what colour the smoke is!
rallymarshall

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 22:02    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris01 wrote:
Petrols are so much quieter, smoother and faster! you can crusie at 90 if you want, a diesel can't even touch 90 all out!

ive got a 3.0 diesel and that will cruise at 95, had 102 outa it the other week

65 vauxhall mokka 1.6cdti 4x4 se
66 vauxhall corsa vxr
markymoan

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 22:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive got 95 out of my 18yr old 2.8D  Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found the Trooper speedo to be wildly inaccurate said I was doing 110+ once  Smile  Petrol V6 of course, don't think the diesel speedo reads that high Wink
:::Matski:::
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

markymoan wrote:
Ive got 95 out of my 18yr old 2.8D  Rolling Eyes

kms...........downhill Laughing
dxmedia

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

On speedo's - I set mine against GPS, and on the 3.1 it was, close enough, 10% over. Makes my horrendous fule consumption seem a little better when I add 10% per tank though  Embarassed

01553 845 945
markymoan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a typo, i meant 85 it could have been more but i browned out with the G force  Laughing
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a member on here who said he cruised at 100mph in his 2.8tdi.

Then it blew up................. Rolling Eyes  Laughing
:::Matski:::
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

markymoan wrote:
It was a typo, i meant 85 it could have been more but i browned out with the G force  Laughing

Was that when you hit one of your bouncy speed humps then? Shocked  Laughing
markymoan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nahh, i was racing spike on the way to Briercliffe  Laughing

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 17:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Monty owner chipping in. Note my comments on leaking sunroof if you look at Montys. Have a look on the outside of the roof to see if there is sealant in the gap and try the switch to see if it works. If it doesn't then you may have had my problem. Pulling the internal rubber liner near teh corners should show if there are drain pipes or not. Price about same for 97 model. Mine is a 3.1 diesel LTD. You can get the Diamond spec which has more goodies ie air con.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Other Trooper queries All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: