4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

any advice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickyboy2727

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 22:36    Post subject: any advice? Reply with quote

im looking into going green laning etc and just totally trying out the truck but....... i use the vehicle general purpose and would be pretty screwed without it i know theres obviousley some risk involved but how bad are we talking? does much damage happen on these outings?
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 22:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly make sure you go along with another 4x4 ... the RAC wont come out to you if you get stuck!

if you pick your lanes carefully then you will come away with no damage! Take things steady and slow, and where possible kick a mate or two our the motor to walk you thru the tricky sections.
rickyboy2727

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds interesting i might get a few nigglies sorted with the truck and come out with you guys is it worth putting a snorkel attatchment on?
markymoan

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go with matt and the others next time they go  Very Happy
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 23:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends how you drive!! Shocked  Think most people would agree as long as you take it steady and know your own limits you should be ok. I use mine as a daily drive and use it off road few scratches and a few little knocks here and there,  they're well built and can take a lot of abuse. What about starting at a play day? Do you have a local site? good place to learn how your troop is off road and usually plenty help not too far away!
TimBanham
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

As everyone says as long as you take your time and think about things before you do them you should be fine.

I've greenlaned and off roaded mine and all the damage I have done is lost a number plate, a few minor scratches (could polish out) and one mudflap went for a burton and that includes going through fairly deep water.

You should get away without a snorkel unless you get into serious off roading.

Try out www.korc.co.uk as they have montly playdays on last sunday of the month and there is something for everyone
:::Matski:::
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyboy2727 wrote:
sounds interesting i might get a few nigglies sorted with the truck and come out with you guys is it worth putting a snorkel attatchment on?

I would say no to the snorkel if you depend on the car. Deep water wading is fun, but only if you are set up for it, as you are looking at possible water ingress into g-box and axles.

If you go steady you would be very unlucky to do anything expensive, green laneing is a non damaging hobby. Well maybe the odd scratch Rolling Eyes
K.Goodwin
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you go steady on greenlanes you'll be fine. as previously mentioned, the troop is well built.
Mine gets some hammer, either offroad playing, or as a pure workhorse, and she keeps coming back for more.

markymoan wrote:
Go with matt and the others next time they go  Very Happy

But be prepared to be notified only 6 hours prior to the event  Rolling Eyes

Laughing  Laughing

Twister wrote:
Always thought Troopers look their best in white

LTM 022
rickyboy2727

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

some sound advice cheers guys trust me i will pop along to a meet like i said just a few probs to sort out firstly shes an old girl and dont wanna make it worse than it is  rear brakes need doing i think the turbo is kicking back hopefully sorted the alternator with some nifty welding hope it stays put and a few bump and knocks here and there i wanna get looked into
siweb

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 20:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyboy2727 wrote:
some sound advice cheers guys trust me i will pop along to a meet like i said just a few probs to sort out firstly shes an old girl and dont wanna make it worse than it is  rear brakes need doing i think the turbo is kicking back hopefully sorted the alternator with some nifty welding hope it stays put and a few bump and knocks here and there i wanna get looked into
Just leave the wife at home m8 Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Green Laning / Offroading All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: