All Wheel Drive Club

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Air Conditioning and getting it working?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redhotchestnut

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 14:36    Post subject: Air Conditioning and getting it working? Reply with quote

My new (to me but 1993 version) trooper's air conditioning doesn't work at all, the button doesn't do anything or make any noises at all when I play with it!

However I have noticed in the fuse box there is a fuse "space" somewhere around the middle with the letters AC above, so am I right it presuming this is the fuse for the Air Conditioning and that I do need one in here?  Are all the fuse spaces supposed to be filled with fuses?  Or should there be gaps at all?

A good place to start - so I should go to the autoshop and ask for a fuse?  What do I require for this?  Size and amps?  Or do I need to take the trooper with me to show the man in the shop?

Tomorrow morning I have a guy coming round to re-gas the air con, and hoping everything will be working all OK.  I told him there was maybe a fuse missing and he said he would pinch one of the others to test it.  I am a bit worried about doing this and upsetting something else, or that it won't be the right fuse.  Would this be OK for testing purposes?

Not sure if its going to be up and running by tomorrow after he has been, or if there are any problems I don't yet know about?  If its going to cost too much I will just have to do without the air conditioning and open the windows instead.  But thought if its only the re-gassing to rectify it would be money well spent in getting it going and having the benefit - if and when we get our british summer!

Any advice or other comments would be helpful, as this is a great big learning curve for me. Thanks.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 14:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

redhotchestnut

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 13:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Sadly couldn't get it working this morning, so I still don't have air conditioning.  It needs a new part and I'm not sure how much its going to cost, unless I can source an already used part from a breakers yard, or other?

Oh well at least the weather isn't too hot, so not quite so important at the moment. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Cooling system All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: