QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

LPG on a DIESEL?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trooperman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 17:22    Post subject: LPG on a DIESEL? Reply with quote

A friend of mine has an LPG conversion on a MK1 2.6 petrol trooper and has told me that you are now able to do the same with diesel engines.
Does anyone know if this is poss Question plus are the costs the same?
I get 27 mpg on average, so with lpg it would mean the equivalent of 50 + mpg, (not bad for a 2 ton vehicle with the aerodynamics of a brick Exclamation )
Cheers Trooperman Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 17:22    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Lynn Johnson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this is possible I have seen lpg conversion on ford mondeo as for the cost I dont know if it is viable nowadays especialy with the upcoming changes to lpg duty
Lynn
Lynn Johnson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this is possible I have seen lpg conversion on ford mondeo as for the cost I dont know if it is viable nowadays especialy with the upcoming changes to lpg duty
Lynn
chedge

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 14:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am looking at the same thing, ive got a quote to do the whole thing for £1200. It doesnt work in quite the same way as the petrol conversion though, they reckon that you can get upto 30% better fuel consumption and upto 45% more power. Yet tobe confirmed on a Trooper!?!
trooperman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 19:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lynn and Chedge, good to know my mate wasn`t making it up.
When you mention the changes in LPG duty, do you mean the ENEMY (Goverment) are going to increase the tax on LPG? If so why would they do this when they keep harping on about enviromental issues?
Chedge you say you`ve had a quote of £1200, is that for an underside tank or a boot one and what size tank? Also the gains you mentioned in power and economy are they on a turbo diesel and what type of vehicle was it?
Keep up with the info please, it`s sounding tempting Rolling Eyes
Lynn Johnson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 19:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
there is a proposal to raise the duty on LPG soon it may be better enviomentaly but they've( the enemy ! ) realised that it still comes out of a hole in the ground Sad and is regarded as a depleteable resource ( and a nice earner as well )
Lynn
trooperman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 22:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lynn, it doesn`t surprise me, next they`ll be charging us for Farting!, that too comes out of a hole... and I`m led to believe affects the ozone : Shocked
Trooperman.
I wonder if my trooper would run off this Question .....that would be cheap Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> General technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: