QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Rodeo denver max 2.5TDi,powerful enough?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 15:35    Post subject: Rodeo denver max 2.5TDi,powerful enough? Reply with quote

Hello,
       I hope somones looking in here.I was thinking of getting one of the new Nissan pick ups,however,nice as they are they are slightly out of my price range.Whilst looking in my local Isuzu garage i stumbled on the Rodeo denver max 2.5TDi pick up with the power pack which increases the 100hp to 130hp at the press of a button.Does anyone from these forums own or have experience of one of these to say whether these are powerfull enough for my needs?
        I test drove a 3L chevy pick up they had which is the same as the 3L Rodeo without the powerpack,which is the same then as the 2.5 at 130hp.It seemed powerfull enough and was a nice comfortable drive.
   Im not going to be off roading  but i may give it a go sometime.Im mainly going to be using it for towing a medium sized caravan and also for getting materials etc for my metal working hobby.
   I really like the look and spec of this pick up especially the fact that it has a galvanised body.I've never had a 4x4 before though or towed a caravan.Compared to its latest competitors though this does seem a little underpowered,which is why they're selling it with the powerpack i guess.
   Im kinda thinking that this might be a good thing for economy though as the mpg should be better maybe for normal driving and then just press the button for that extra oomph.Does this powerpack really work that good though?Does it really make it the same as driving the standard 3.0L Model?
   The salesman was a little shy of getting me a test drive of the one in the showroom as thats the only one they have at the moment.He did say he would arrange a short test drive cause they dont have a demonstrator model yet.
               Regards
                           Wookie Smile
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 15:35    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Webby

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Wookie!
Don't really know much about the Rodeo's, have been in them and was impressed.  
In terms of power though, wouldn't think the power upgrade on the 2.5 will make it go as well as the 3.0.  Would think the bigger engine should have much more torque.  Not to say that the truck would not be any go though, as i have no experience of it.  On the other hand the 3.0 with the power pack really does go well!  
Recon you may find more economy with the power pack switched on, should be quicker to reach your desired speed.  Well that's the argument I use to try to convince myself i need a power pack...not just want one!
Am also sure it would tow well with it's long wheelbase.
Hope this is of some help.
Webby
Wookie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 22:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks webby.Im kindoff thinking it will be ok.The salesman was convinced that the powerpack would make the 2.5 just the same as the standard 3L.
   I do'nt think theres many people with this vehicle though cause ive searched the web for days and theres next to no info on them other than the info put out by the manufacturers, and on forums etc its mainly people talking about the 3L model.
    I wish i could find some unbiased info or a proper review cause an extra £2000 is a lot of money to me if i decide to buy the 3L model.
                                                Thanks
                                                          Regards
                                                                      Wookie
TF

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tf the model before the rodeo, mine is a 2.5 turbo intercooled 03 reg, crew cab. It has loads of torque at the top end of the rev's. I really didn't notice much difference driving with a metric ton of paving in the back, and not much more fuel used. I would say it would be fine. I was looking at Hilux and Nissan etc, and if you want  a comercial vehicle with limited slip diff, proper 4 wheel drive, etc get a Isuzu and it it costs over £2000 less than an equivalent other. Really good, Japanese made build quality and farmers use them for years so they last.

Go for it!
Chris B
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 23:56    Post subject: Re: Rodeo denver max 2.5TDi,powerful enough? Reply with quote

Wookie wrote:
Hello,
       I hope somones looking in here.I was thinking of getting one of the new Nissan pick ups,however,nice as they are they are slightly out of my price range.

**cough** unreliable.... according to many many reviews  Shocked  Shocked
TF

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just been given a Mitbish Wazzior, as a courtsy car, it drives like a car and drinks fuel like a tank!

I do quite like it to drive, but the seat in driving position leaves about 3' for the legs of anyone sitting in the back. Also I look like a cross between a hairdresser and a drug dealing software engineer when in it! Not quite what I would call a work vehicle!

Nissan; Patrol or Skyline, wouldn't bother with anything else! Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: