QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Front off-road recovery points

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moglite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:59    Post subject: Front off-road recovery points Reply with quote

I've taken my A-bar off of my Horn, as I eventually plan to fit a winch.

The A-bar had a hook bolted to the bottom to act as a 1/2 decent recovery point, but that had to come off with the A-bar.

What do other people use ?

What is on UK spec Troopers ?

Andy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:59    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

Webby

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

UK spec troopers fitted with a cast hook bolted on to the flat plate with 2 bolt holes under the chassis rails.  Is this where your A bar bolted to?  
I fitted a second one, which i scrounged from the local dealer, because they remove them from the rear when they fit the tow bar.  

The angle the hook is bolted too picks up on the original mounting points either side of the sump guard.
moglite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas I've only got one of the captive nuts necessary in that position  Sad

There is a 2nd spot, but its not been drilled through.
I can't dill it out from underneath, because the anti-roll bar is in the way.

I haven't had chance to see if I can drill it through from the engine bay - but having spent 3 weeks replacing the engine - I can't see it going to be easy

Andy
shinz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, how did you get on with this one? I just spotted it, bit late sorry but heres one I did earlier.Recovery hooks Seems like I ran into the same probs as you did. I've also thought it wouldn't be too difficult to drop a wide L shaped plate each side off the main bumper mounts & bolt a hook to that on their side so to speak. I like the position these are in though as they're up in line with the chassis & reasonably well forward. These Isuzu hooks are quite popular here in NZ, one of the LR owners clubs sells them to their members as recovery hooks with the proviso they drill them out to take 12mm bolts, but then they use them singly for snatch recovery so they must be up to it. I think they're a nice hook with a good keeper.
Steve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Modifications All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: