QuoteSeek - free to use insurance comparison site

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

13 Pin electrics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 18:36    Post subject: 13 Pin electrics Reply with quote

Does anyone know about the arrangement for 13-pin trailer socket for the Rodeo? The publicity blurb has it as a spec and when I had my tow bar fitted I only asked for the 12n socket, which has been plugged into the Rodeo harness. I fitted my own 12s as I have had problems in the past of tow bar fitters not doing a proper job and resulting in my fridge or battery charger in the van not working.
The reason I ask if anyone knows, is that I have studied the Rodeo wiring diagram and I am of the opinion that the wiring is inadequate to supply a caravan fridge and caravan battery charger as the wiring is not of a sufficient duty to carry the current needed for both. A 10-amp fuse protects the rodeo trailer wiring but a fridge can easily take that and a battery charger another 8 if the caravan battery is flat. Caravan fridges are getting bigger and drawing more current and I suspect that most caravaners don’t realise that their fridge does not get any juice because the relay that ensures the car battery gets preference will keep dropping out as the caravan takes more current than the wiring can carry, the voltage drops and relay trips out.
The situation will get worse next year as all new caravans will have 13 pin electrics as standard and I don't think tow vehicles are up to it.
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 18:36    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

IsuzuTech

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 19:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate, my dealership have only just fitted are first 13 pin towbar wiring but its wired wrong for this country the wires aren't wired in correctly we had to re do the wriing on this towbar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Rodeo General Technical Q&A All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: