4x4 & MPV Driver - 40% subscription discount

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

Alternator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skint

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 21:21    Post subject: Alternator Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I'm the proud owner of an R Reg Isuzu Trooper 3.1 Duty SWB.  I've had it 2 weeks. Tonight I had to have the RAC out to rescue me because it wouldnt start, they said it was the alternator. I'm hoping that it will be covered on the dealer warranty, but somehow I doubt it, the radio doesnt work and that wasnt covered.  If it's not, how easy is it to get parts and  much would you expect to pay to have a mechanic fit it?

Also, I used the 4 wheel drive for the 1st time today, could this have caused the alternator to break? A light is supposed to come on when the 4WD is on but it didnt.

Thanks for reading, any advise is gratefully received
Skint  Very Happy
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 21:21    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

dxmedia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 21:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the club Very Happy

Alternator should be covered by the warentee - it's part of the engine ffs Wink

4wd will not have caused the alternator to fail, but make sure you ONLY use 4wd on a loose surface like gravel or grass. You will break the transfer box if you use 4wd on tarmac.

Have a read through the forum, these loads of bits of advice. Have a look at the electrical one though - especially any reference to alternators or 'blue relay'

About a ton fiftey for a new alternator I think.

01553 845 945
skint

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply, I will have a look through the forum.
Also, really appreciate the advice on not using the 4wd on the road/pavement i didnt know that, it sounds like i dont want to break the transfer box!
dxmedia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the trooper family don't have a diff in the centre box, means they can't be driven in 4wd on the pavement. Have a look with google and there's loads of info out there...

01553 845 945
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Starting issues All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: