2Gether Insurance : 01945 585322

Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™
Isuzu Trooper, Rodeo, Bighorn, Mu & VehiCROSS Owners Club

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   Watched TopicsWatched Topics   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your personal messagesLog in to check your personal messages   Log inLog in 
CalendarCalendar  ITOCUK Club ShopClub Shop  ITOCUK Classified Ads serviceClassified Ads
ITOCUK HomeITOCUK Home   dynamic online chat serviceChatrooms  Yellow Diamond ClubsYellow Diamond Clubs

eeeeeks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gypsyfilly1964
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:00    Post subject: eeeeeks Reply with quote

Put my car in for a full service and a pre mot check today.  Once it has had that, i will know what i need to do for its mot.  I am pretty sure most of it i have already done, i have replaced shock absorber, the exhaust, got new seatbelt, and recently had an emissions test done and i posted the results of that on here and you guys put my mind at rest on that one.  So fingers x it all goes well.  If mot check is ok, will put it in early otherwise will have necessary work done and then put it in.  I dont like nasty surprises.  Must admit am quite surprised i am this organised, normally its eeeek mot tomorrow, aaargh. lol
Google
Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:00    Post subject: Google Ads keep this community free to join!

mutlley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

always think taking our cars for mot is like us doing a driving test. why we get so nervous is beyond me.
hope all goes well. everything crossed and all that....................... Wink
Topvaux
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, crumbs! You just reminded me....... just checked........ my MOT ran out in December!!

*scrambles for phone to make a quick booking*

Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed
Gypsyfilly1964
Lifetime member
Lifetime member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh well here goes

car goes in for mot on friday morning.

I have replaced

seatbelt
rear brake discs and one caliper and both rear pads
tail pipe exhaust
shock absorber

when it had its pre mot check, everything seemed fine so got my fingers crossed for friday

when my hubby booked it in for its very first service after i brought it, he chose to ignore my usual mechanic and book it in with formula 1, yuck never ever again, he left grease and oil all over carpet on drivers side.  Because of his total lack of respect for my car i havent really trusted what he said or what he did.  He kept on about a bit of play in front passenger wheel bearing, but normal mechanic who has had it since, hasnt mentioned it. so that is the only thing that is playing on my mind about the mot.

Emmisions check was done when we had timing belt changed and that was ok.

will let you guys know on friday as to whether i am on or off the road. lol.
mutlley

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck, crossing everything.................. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Isuzu Trooper Owners Club UK™ Forum Index -> Servicing / tuning / MOT All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: